Life and Death

Millions of people are being born and dying at this very moment. I am one of those people although, I will not be telling you which just yet, you'll find out soon enough. This is the story of my life;

Everything was red, I couldn't see anything except red. Even my body was that horrid scarlet color. I wanted it gone. GONE GONE GONE. It was awful, it hurts just remembering it. My head was pounding the same word over and over again. GONE GONE GONE. It would never stop. Well, it would never stop until I saw the most blinding light of all. My eyes weren't even open, yet the light was killing me from the inside out. It was awful pain. But then, the pain stopped all of a sudden. I had no clue what happened but I felt warm hands around me and taking me somewhere. I could feel the air breeze against my skin and the dimmer lights pass by under my eyelids. I heard terrible screaming. Oh wait, I always forget, that was me. You can't blame me though. I had never seen anything like this and I was scared. Eventually I felt the air stop running past me and something luke-warm touch my chest. I soon learned this was water. One of my favorite things. It felt amazing compared to what I felt before. I couldn't believe this amazing feeling. Shortly it was over and I felt... new. It was a whole new feeling. I had nothing on my body except the air. That was one of the most prominent things I remember. Along with the sounds of screaming and beeping. Two of my least favorite things.

All I felt was excruciating pain. It was all over my body. I couldn't get it to stop and it kept getting worse and worse. It started in my chest eventually branching out into the rest of my body all the way to my toes. I thought for sure I was going to die. Then I saw a face. I don't completely remember who's face it was at this moment but I'll get back to you on that. I only remember it was a man. I felt the dirt on my back and the breeze on my arms. The dirt was rough and obviously not helping my condition. The breeze and the guy kneeling above me were trying to talk to me but it was too much. I chose to speak with the breeze first. Before I got to talk with the guy, everything went dark and I couldn't get back to the light. I hated Dark then. Now, she's my friend. She's actually nicer than you would believe. I didn't believe it at first either until one person taught me to trust my senses in her...

word count: 471