CHAPTER 1

Laura

" wake up sleepy head!!!!! " Tolu shouted as she tried to wake me up. I was totally awake even before she came to shout my soul out from the land of slumber. I guess I wasn't just ready to face today in any way. I tried my possible best to make the best of last summer so that I would have no regrets when leaving but right now I cant do any other thing but cry my eyes out.

why won't my parents listen to me for once!!!. I know they want the best for my future but I also should have a say in it. As I was laying in bed, I looked into the window at no where exactly but I could see a thousand things right in front of my eyes. I later spotted something at the edge of my table. I just looked away from it and continued to look at the window but I couldn't help myself but get up to get a closer look and to my greatest surprise, it was my journal that I had my friends write to me in before our last day of school.

While reminiscing on the good old days I had with my friends, I didn't notice or even hear when my dad entered the room. I was to stuck up in my own thoughts that I was only aware of his presence when he touched my shoulder. At that moment, all the tears that I had welled up for the past month gushed out. My dad just hugged me tight and told me that everything would be okay and for the first time since he told me that I was moving to Nigeria to live with my mum, I wanted to believe him... after all, I had no other choice.