22 • (Un)Settled

I hope the smile on your face will never fade----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

JUNG WOOYOUNG

Three... Two... One.

"Woo, take care of this a bit. I'll be back."

"Yeah yeah. Go." already getting used to what's the guy up to, I lazily nod at him taking his leave in hurry.

"Bruh. Who knows we can see The Kang Yeosang is head over heels for someone like this." San nudges me as we both are looking at the said boy riding his bike away, towards the direction of Yujin's school.

I turn to the blonde, scoffing in uninterest.

"Says the one who appears at this cafe each of his girlfriend's work shifts, willingly helps her handle the tasks with no payment needed then walks her back to the dorm after work."

All Choi San can do is whitsling while darting his eyes elsewhere as the sign of agreement with the fact I just drop.

These guys are huge simps.

"To be honest, seeing Yeosang happy again is a relief to me," San confesses after a moment of silence between us.

Yeosang, who appears to be the best son of the happiest couple I have ever known, showed no reaction to their divorce that worried us so much. The fact he isn't the type that eagerly opens up about his own feeling makes it even more complicated to check up on him directly.

Ever since the happening, I have been discreetly keeping an eye on him all the time, till lately when Yujin has taken that role by being his girlfriend.

"Yeah." my reply sounds like a whisper.

He deserves happiness.

╰┈➤⁀➷

LIM YUJIN

Without turning around, Yeosang casually tugs my hands as he guides me to place them onto his waist which I gladly follow. We pedal away from my school gate just like that.

Watching my boyfriend from the back seat, I feel like my vision is captured by his broad back from time to time, as if I am watching the most beautiful sight.

It's been a month since our one-month anniversary aka the day I remember clearly that he unexpectedly ran off after the tension between him and the guy who talked to me at Paw. Since then, Yeosang expresses his ascension of affection towards me when we're together and it gives me an absolute surprise.

If I talk to any of my guy friends or boys in general, he will purposely join (directly or indirectly) to end the conversation. Or I can't hang out with other friends (aside from Chaein) without his approval. Even to Jongho, Yeosang doesn't let his guard down if he finds we laugh or joke around too long for his liking.

Sometimes, I don't think I'm able to see him as the carefree and gentle Yeosang whom I have been knowing during childhood days. His acts are possession these days but I am eager to think of it as affection. It sounds better that way.

"You should join review class for better result."

It takes me a moment to comprehend what Yeosang just means. I tilt my head forward to the side to get a clearer view of his side profile. I haven't told him the situation yet and how comes he knows already?

"You know?"

"Chaein texted me."

Texted?

"What? How?" I ask vaguely, totally confused.

Like autumn night breeze, his voice is soothing and unbothered at the same time, as if what he is about to say is not a big deal at all.

"I found her contact in your phone the other day."

***********

Let's choose :

Let's choose :

End of the beginning

or

Beginning of the end?