Chapter 1

Helpful Hints:

Y/N = your name

H/C = your hair color

Try to use the word that fits- ie brunette instead of brown hair. Sorry if that's confusing!

This isn't in first person, but in third. It was (and is) originally written in third with my name and my friends name. I'm editing it to change so that all readers can enjoy! So if some things don't exactly fit, or if there is an excessive amounts of Y/N's, that's my bad

You're also aged up (or down, depending on you) so that you can match our beloved Avengers and their ages- especially your soulmates;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was early May; school was beginning to let out, meaning that the Jagged Mountain Pub was going to begin to get more crowded since all the college students are free from their studies. Currently it was ten pm on a Wednesday; Y/N and Ally were doing all the duties before locking up for the night.

"You know, if you weren't so busy bending over that last table, we might have been home by now."

"Hey! I got a big tip- twenty dollars, and they only bought a couple beers!" Ally explained. Her methods of getting extra money from her tables was a lot different than Y/N's but she did it for just that- the money. She used what she had and Y/N knew better than anyone she was no hoe. If she had the confidence she did, she'd be doing it right along with her.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. We're done, anyway." Y/N was putting the broom back into the closet in the back, Ally behind her as she threw the towel she was using to wipe the tables into the bucket for used towels. They then proceeded to the back room where their bags were hidden before they left to head to their shared apartment. "Have everything?" the H/C asks, remembering the countless times they have had to come back to the pub to grab something her friend forgot.

"Yep- but give me a second. I wanna take a look at the schedule real quick." Turning to the fridge where it was posted, she let out an annoyed sigh. "Are you kidding?! I work another Saturday night!"

Looking over her friends' shoulder, she noticed that she was not working that night. "Want me to cover you?"

"No, I can't ask you to do that. Again. I'm sure Sarah would do it." Both knowing Sarah wouldn't, though. She was the owner who rarely worked there to begin with, so asking her to work on a Saturday would ultimately lead to a big fat no. After the girls had been working there for a few months, Sarah became pretty sparse and she barely makes an appearance.

"It's no problem, really. I don't mind- I definitely don't have any plans."

"You sure?"

"Of course." Y/N already had a pen in her hand as she slightly pushed Ally out of the way to make the change to the chart.

Giving her a side hug, "You know you're the best, right?" Rolling her eyes, Y/N didn't answer as she put the pen back into her purse. "I just, I have a strong feeling that this week is the week." She was referring to her search for her soulmate. Until you lock eyes with them, your entire world is in black and white. Ally was persistent, always has been, in finding her perfect someone. It's been a constant that at least once a week she would go out to clubs, bars, etcetera to see if they were there. So far, no luck. But, Y/N refused to deter her from her dreams, regardless of the fact that she had personally just given up.

Exiting through the back and locking the door behind them, the girls begin their walk to their apartment. They have lived together in it in Brooklyn for almost five years, pretty much ever since they first met.