T H I R T Y

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"Your Mom has been cremated, and the next day we are on our way to Florida." Grandma says.

"Yes Grandma, I will just take the papers and tell my teachers that I will move." I said.

"We will join you tomorrow." Grandpa says.

"It's okay, you need to rest." I response.

"Are you going to school now?" Grandma asks.

"Yes Grandma, I'll just pack my things for tomorrow." I answered.

"Okay then, take care Naomi." She said.

I nodded, I left my apartment and left the building, while walking I collided with someone again. Why did I collide with someone?

"I'm sorry, I'll look at my way next time." I said.

"Naomi."

I turned to that person and saw Jimin, I didn't want to add resentment to myself, but when I saw him I remembered the night Joshua and I had a problem, it was his fault.

"Leave me alone, please." I said.

I walked away from him, I took a taxi and got on, while the driver was driving to school my attention was on my phone. I wanted to text Joshua, but I was discouraged, I didn't see him this morning. But it's okay with me that he won't come, I know he's busy.

"This is my payment." I said.

I got out of the taxi when I finished paying, I went to the school and went to the teachers office, I told my adviser that I was leaving school.

"Are you sure?" My teacher asks.

"Yes, I need it." I answered.

"Okay then, by the way, our deepest condolences to your loss." He said.

I just nodded, I left the office and went to the registrar, I really needed to get my papers. When I finished picking up my papers I accidentally slipped on my hand, it spread so I had to have them one by one.

"I'll help you miss."

"Thank you sir."

I looked at the man and saw Joshua picking up my papers, thankfully I have my mask now, I really wanted to avoid him but this is what happened today.

"Here you go." He said.

"Thank you for helping me." I thanked him.

At least I thanked him now.

"No worries." He said.

I just nodded and left in front of him, when I went to a place where there weren't many people, I took my phone out of my pocket. I’m going to text Joshua that we’ll meet on the rooftop, and I want to talk to him before I even leave here in Korea and head to Florida. When I got to the rooftop I was nervous, what if Joshua didn't show up, I still had something important to tell him.

"I feel like I'm crying again." I said to myself.

"Don't cry..."

I turned to that familiar voice and saw Joshua, I stopped myself from approaching him, and I couldn't help but cry.

"J-joshua." I said while sobbing.

"I told you, don't cry." He said.

"I-i'm sorry." I said.

"So, you were the woman earlier, why are you carrying papers?" He asks.

"I will stop studying." I answered.

I was lying.

"Are you sure about your decision?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm sure about it." I answered.

Everything I said was a lie, I wanted to tell him I was leaving but I couldn't.

"Uhm Joshua."

"Yes?"

"Let's break up, it's good for us to not see each other." I said.

"N-naomi..."

"I know you're still mad at me, but please, forget about me, everything about me." I said.

He just looked at me, I nodded, I walked over and passed him.

"Find a woman you will love, the one who won't fool you and won't hurt you."

"Besides, what Jimin said is true, something happened to the two of us." I added.

I left the rooftop, I wanted to cry but I didn't want to because I'm here at school, I left the school and took a taxi. When I got a taxi I got in, when I got in a taxi I cried, I shed all my tears.

I'll be back when everything is okay.

J O S H U A ' S  P O V

No, I believed her when she said nothing happened to them, but she changed it again now.

"Naomi."

Please come back.

3 years ago.

"We're about to be doctors, Joshu." Minjeong says.

"Yes, we are about to fulfill our dream." I response.

Even though we were still studying for medicine, we could still afford it, when I got home to my unit I looked at a photo of Naomi and me. I'm still waiting for her now even though I'm hurt, I want to forget her like she told me, but how can I forget her if I really love her so much.

"When are you coming back?" I asked the photo of her on my phone.

"Is this what I do when I miss you? To stare at your photos on my phone?"

I knew that no one would answer my question, when there was a knock on the door of my unit, I walked towards my door and opened it. I expected it to be Naomi, but when I saw Seokmin, I had lost all hope.

"Are you okay, Joshua?" He asks.

"Y-yes, I'm okay." I answer.

I let Seokmin in to my unit, and I saw him carrying my food, the food that Naomi and I were eating.

"Why did you buy that?" I asks him.

"The woman gave me a discount, because I was handsome." He answered.

I shook my head, Seokmin does this every night, and I'm thankful that he comes here to see if I'm okay.

"Haven't you hidden your photos yet?" He asks.

"When I move on." I answered.

He nodded and finished his food, I finished my food and put away what was scattered on the table, while Seokmin was cleaning, while me I was just looking at Naomi's photo.

"I miss you, come back right now please."