ɬɧɛ ℘ąıŋɬıŋɠ

This story mentions some gruesome things, though it won't be described into detail. However, if you're sensitive I advise you not to read

Tap, tap, tap

The girl sighed in frustration as she put down her pencil she was tapping on the desk for the past twenty minutes now. Perhaps she should go home, staring at your homework won't make it solve itself. But on second thought, going home doesn't sound that appealing either. Her younger siblings running around the house, playing tag while screaming at each other. That's why she decided to spend most of her study time at the school library. She was the oldest of five siblings. Mina, the youngest, then Solar, Joseph, Jake and finally her, Somin. Her parents were locked up in their rooms most of the time, working from home.

Honestly, her life is really boring. She hasn't made any new friends since they moved in their new neighborhood. Not very surprising though, she always sat at the back of the class and when someone approached her, she responded fairly cold. However, in her free time she liked to watch videos of people exploring abandoned places, looking for ghosts. Paranormal activity was something that fascinated Somin very much. She would like to visit a place like that herself one day.

When she first came to this school, some girl that really liked to gossip, Minnie, tried to befriend her. She always talked about this person that did this and that person that did that. It really pissed off Somin, so she just told Minnie that. The poor girl ran off crying and they never talked again. However, one thing that Minnie had said intrigued her.

Somin was putting her books in her locker when Minnie had walked over to her.

"Hey, have you heard what happened to Kevin? He was found dead in that classroom besides art. You know, that empty one no one can enter on the second floor?"

She had peaked her interest on the second half.

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, I was walking by and saw this police lint in front of the classroom so I hid behind a locker and overheard some teachers talking about it."

"Do they know what happened to him?"

"Nope, it's a mystery. They said his lungs exploded. Ugh, I almost have to puke thinking about it."

So, now that classroom door has a big lock on it, preventing outsiders from entering the room. It left Somin wondering about it until deep in the night. Her eyes lingered on the door a bit longer every time she passed that place.

She picked up her smartphone to check the time, and was relieved to see it was only 5 PM. Her parents wouldn't be done working until 9. She slammed her books shut, shoved them in her bag and walked out of the quiet library.

Because school ends at four o'clock, basically no one crossed the girl in the hallways as she made her way towards the second floor. Only some students that had detention or, like her, preferred to study at school.

A knot of excitement formed in her stomach when she found herself in front of the infamous door. It was quite some time ago since she did something this thrilling. Perhaps she was exaggerating, it was only an old classroom that no one has used in years. What did she expect to find?

Somin took a pin from her pocket, inserted it in the lock and twisted.

Click

She exhaled sharply through her nose. It's weird how easy it is to break open a lock. Well, that's only better for her.