o n e

Tommy was my world. I looked at her as if she were every single star in the sky. Now when I look at her, all I see is shit on the bottom of my shoe.

~

-Bodhi 2016-

I watch her walk across the cafeteria with her friends. Her long curly hair bounced with ever step she took and her laugh bounced off of every object right into my ears.

Even with how upset I am, I couldn't help but smile at the mere sight of her. In my eyes (and probably many others) she is the very essence of angelic. From her dark brown eyes coinciding with her brown skin, to her plumb lips that always seemed to be glistening, she is perfect in every way.

All I want is for her to look at me. It would make my entire day if she simply glanced my way. She doesn't have to smile or anything. Just look at me. Please.

If I could, I would spend the whole day just admiring her, but the bell just had to ring and now I have to go to class. I stood up and made my way with the crowd out of the lunchroom when her laugh made my head snap in her direction. It was almost in slow motion as her head flew back while she was clinging to her friend's arm.

I was so enamored with the look of joy on her face that I didn't notice Dylan Reeves, Tommy's current "boyfriend" walking in front of me. I bumped right into him almost falling to the floor. Dylan spat out a curse word and turned around to face me.

"What the fuck, Samuels," He sneered in my face. I wanted to apologize but no words left my mouth, "So not only are you dumb as fuck, but you're blind too," He glared making all of his friends laugh. I somehow find my voice and mutter out a quick apology while avoiding his eyes.

"You think saying sorry is enough?" He stepped closer and grabbed the collar of my shirt, "Nah, I'll get a proper apology later, be sure of that," He smiled menacingly and pushed me onto the floor before walking away with his friends. I laid on the grimy cafeteria floor cursing myself for what I had done. I knew that Dylan would follow through on his promise. A very thorough ass kicking. I was used to them and I want nothing more than to fight back, but I specifically instructed not to. It would mess a lot of things up and I was content with where I'm at. So I obey.

"Come here babe," Dylan smirked reaching out his hand for Tommy who appeared out of the crowd. She smiled at Dylan closing the distance in between their bodies with a kiss. I looked up at them in jealousy only to find Tommy looking down at me. My eyes soften and I let out a small smile. My heart filled with absolutely joy because even while she was kissing him, she was looking at me. The two finally pulled away from each other and walked hand in hand out of the cafeteria. Despite getting my ass kicked in the near future, I smile. I smile because she looked at me. She really looked at me.

~

-Tommy 2016-

"Where are you going Tommy," my mother's voice rang from the kitchen.

"To Dylan's house," I yell back and not bothering to wait for her response, I quickly run out the front door to my car. I pull out of my driveway and begin my journey to meet my boy.

He did so well today I can't help but to smile at what happened. He did everything I said to without question. I love how much he obeys me without question. He makes me feel like no matter what, I will always be in control.

After a quick drive I pull up to his house and basically run to the front door. I knock on it a bunch of times with both hands not able to contain my excitement to see him.

After a few moments the door opens to reveal the most beautiful face in the world. Minus the cuts and bruises.