The Light Within *Prologue*

The start of a new story :D It's apart of a series, my 'My Broken Heart' series. So yeah. Enjoy :D

I’d never really thought about death much. I’d always just dealt with what was happening at the moment.

Every life inevitably ends in death. My History teacher once said, "We can’t run from it, nor can we hide from it."

If you think about it, from the moment you’re born, each second that ticks by is one moment closer to your death.

It’s kind of scary, actually.

Here I was, completely oblivious. I should have known I’d end up with the bad ending.

I guess I’d have to start back at the beginning, my birth.

I know, you don’t want to hear about my mother giving birth to me and trust me, neither do I. It’s not about that.

When I was in the womb, I had some kind of rare ‘disorder’, one that could have killed me. But something miraculous happened whilst my mother was giving birth to me and, well, here I am. No one had any idea what had happened, not my parents, not the nurses, nor the doctors. No one. They say I just somehow shed the disorder. They ran tests for a few weeks, but I was perfectly healthy, it was as if I’d never had it. Mum tells me that they called me the ‘Miracle Child’.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea what this ‘disorder’ is. My parents still refuse to tell me; even to this day. So it must have been pretty bad.

Anyway, I grew up normally, like any other kid. I went to school, like most kids, and I met a girl named Risilla. By the end of the first day of school, Risilla and I were best friends. I also became friends with Lea and Isa; who were like brothers to her. The four of us, we always hung out with each other; despite the big age gap. And out of all of them, I was the youngest. Even Risilla was a year older than me.

Well, all was good until one night, something terrible happened.

Lea and Isa lost their hearts and became heartless.

I know what you’re probably thinking; that I’m insane, but I’m not. It’s all true. At first I had no idea what Heartless were either. When Risilla told me that Lea and Isa had turned into Heartless, I thought she had gone crazy.

Boy, was I wrong.

Heartless are beings of darkness that steal people’s hearts. More precisely, they are created from the darkness in people’s hearts. And there is darkness in every heart. They’re horrible creatures.

They ruined Rissy’s life… and mine.

Risilla’s life may have been bad, but mine wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows either. My life had been pretty normal, until fate knocked on my door. Well, more liked kicked it down and sent it flying across the room.

What my fate is, however, I haven't the faintest idea.

My name is Aislinn Reina.

This is my story.