Chapter One

Its three days before my birthday.I'm just laying in bed thinking about what my mate will be like.Theres so many possibilities.He could be cruel,sweet,harsh.Im excited but also scared.

I turn over and look at the clock,six am,to early.I get up and put some grey shorts on and a light purple tank top on.Then i left for my morning run.

It was a little chilly and it was misting out.My eyes were still having a hard time staying open.I didn't bother going back for a sweater.I just started running.The cold mist blowing onto my warm face.I was thankful at that moment for the light rain.

I made the turn and started sprinting back home about a mile later.I loved having so much energy.I loved running,swimming,anything as long as i was outside.

When i finally made it home i got out of my sweaty cloths and took a shower.The water was nice and warm like a wool blanket.It was peaceful until i heard the door to my room open and slowly close.I couldn't smell anyone which meant they were probably a werewolf hiding their scent.

I got out and wrapped a towel around me.Then i slowly opened the door just a crack and peeked out.No one.The door to my bedroom was still open.To me,that made no sense.Then i saw a note which probably meant it was mom.

I read the note and it just said i love you,have fun at school,do your chores,etc.Just stuff a mother would say.

I decided to walk to school sense it was only a couple miles away and i could shift and let my wolf out.Which was a very rare event.I never ever showed my wolf.My family hasn't even seen it.They say i was destined to create my own pack.

Anyway i started walking just about ready to turn then my best friend Liz texted me asking me to meet her.So i did.We met at the bus station.We sat and talked for awhile about my Sweet Sixteen and started to plan.The bus came and we got on and sat together and kept planning.

Now before i continue i have to tell you about our town.So our town is mostly filled with werewolves but there are a couple other families that aren't.If your not a werewolf and your in this town then you are still in the pack,But not just anyone can move in and be in the pack you must become friends with the pack and have every member trusting you.Okay,every adult pack member.Other then werewolves there are human,vampires, and brownies but only a few of each.

When we finally got to school we were sent to the gym right away for some kind of presentation.First day pep rally. We were all sitting down and listening when all of a sudden i got a horrible migraine.Ive heard of them before but i never actually had one.My people said that when you were close to the age you would find your mate you would get them.Although i knew so many people with mates that never had one before.It never happens anymore.

I moaned in pain and put my hands on my head.''Its not my fucking birthday''I thought to myself.I got up and asked to go out side.The teacher could see i was in pain and let me go but sent Liz out with me.

"Whats wrong?"Liz asked a bit worried judging by her tone of voice.

"I don't kno...ahh"I cried.The pain was getting worse by the minute.I could hardly tell what was going on.One minute i was clenching my head the next i was on the ground looking up and then the pain was gone.I was still sent to the hospital but know one knew anything about what happened to me.

I was sent home late that night and as soon as i got home i past out.The next day i had to stay home.Apparently it was doctors orders but i think mom was just wanting to keep a close eye on me.It didn't bother me because i had time to finish my party details.

I had a pretty big house with a pool and my living room could fit at least fifty people in it,so there was plenty of space to dance.I started decorating so i didn't have to do it all the next day and by the time school was out my house was ready.

Some how Liz got out early and came straight to my house.She gave me a big hug as soon as she saw me.

"Oh my god guess what!" Liz said with the ' i know something you don't know' face on.

In the end she told me because she knew i was tired.

She told me that over half of the pack was coming and that my boyfriend would be able to come after all.I was extremely excited but also nervous.What if he wasn't my mate what would i do?

"Dude, Are your parents gonna be there?"Liz asked a little nervous by the question.

"Umm i forgot to ask"I told her.

Then before she could even say anything i saw nothing but white and all i could hear was laughter...