[2023] Starting of The Hiatus

♡

"I didn't know me returning home to Malaysia was an official schedule," I muttered as I put on my backpack. 

"They are not here for you," Manager Yu-jin replied. 

I gasped and pressed my lips together in embarrassment. The other staff laughed in response before exiting the van. 

"I'm sorry, I thought they were here for me," I replied before exiting the van too.

After getting some luggage trolleys, we loaded the trolley up with luggage. This year, I have too many things to bring back to my hometown. Just a lot of things. 

After getting all the luggage on the trolley, we went to the airport. Of course, the paparazzi still take videos and photos. But I did not stop for an official photo since it wasn't an official schedule.

"It's NCT 127 who's heading to the US. That's who they were waiting for," said my other managers.

"Oh, really? They're going to the US?" I raised my eyebrows as we walked to the luggage check-in counters. Since I will be seated in the business class, I have the privilege to check-in through the express counter.

"Good morning," the airport receptionist greeted me. 

I smiled, "Good morning. I would like to check-in. Flight to Kota Kinabalu." I told her while handing her my passport and flight ticket. 

"Thank you." She thanked me while taking my flight ticket and passport. "Bringing back a lot of luggage?" she asked me. 

I chuckled, "Yeah. Tons of them."

"I will need a minute to check you in," she informed me. 

"Take your time," I nodded as an assurance towards her and smiled.

I turned to face Manager Yu-jin and she raised her eyebrows. I shook my head. 

"Tell us when you're ready to return back to work," she said to me.

I nodded with a thin smile, "I will. It's not gonna take so long. Honestly, just a month to settle everything first." 

"We know. But you might want to add more. It's a good thing that you're having a break right now. Make sure you spend time with your family," my second manager said. 

I chuckled and nodded, "I will. Don't worry. You guys should take a break too."

"We know. We know that when you come back, we'll be super busy," Manager Yu-jin said. 

I grinned before suddenly receiving a call. I took out my phone from my jeans pocket to see that it was Sunwoo's number. I smiled and shook my head. 

"Better pick it up quickly," Manager Yu-jin said.