T H I R T Y S E V E N

J O S H U A ' S  P O V

"Look who's in my office." I said.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Minjeong said.

"So, will the noraebang continue tonight?" She asks.

"Huh? What day is it today?" I ask her.

I wanted to prank her, but she might cry.

"You forgot what day is it today?" She asks.

"It's Monday today." I answered.

This is not good.

I took something from under while looking at her, I saw that her face was sad so I smiled, she's going to cry.

"Just kidding, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINJEONG!" I greeted her a happy birthday and lend her my gift for her.

"Don't do that again." She said.

"Okay okay, I won't." I response.

"I'll open it later, you know what's in it." She said.

"But I want to see your expression, I want to see if you like it or not." I said.

She smiled, she had already opened the gift I had bought for her, when she opened it she smiled because of my gift to her.

"A necklace and bracelets? With watch?!" She exclaimed.

I looked at my bracelet that Naomi made, it's still here, I tried to remove it a few times but I couldn't. So now, even though I was skeptical, I took it off of my wrist, I took care not to break it because it was just my reminder of her that I was happy.

"Its nice Joshua, obviously expensive." She said.

"I'll just take it back, give it back to me, it's like you don't want to." I response.

"No! I like it and I love it!" She said.

I smiled, since there weren't too many patients this afternoon I told her that we would leave later, I also thought of inviting Jihoon because I knew they were talking. I was shaken by what I thought, it looks like he's in love with Jihoon, or maybe they're still getting to know each other. I know Jihoon is very serious about things, but I can't imagine that my friend is in love and we don't even know. I called Jihoon, a few more rings before he answered my call.

"Hey, Joshua." He answered the call.

"Are you free later?" I asks him.

"Yes I'm free later," he answered.

"Why what is there?" He asks.

"It's my friend's birthday, I only invited you because the others are busy." I answered.

"Okay, I'll go." He response.

"Okay then, see you later, I'll just text you the address and time okay?" I said.

"Okay got it." He response.

I end the call and put my phone on my desk, I leaned back in my swivel chair to relax my back, I've been getting very tired these past few days and I also need a break. When the afternoon came I texted Jihoon, I texted him the address and time, I left the office and went to Minjeong's office. While walking to Minjeong's office, I bumped into someone, I turned around and was about to apologize when I saw that Naomi was the one I bumped into.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"It's okay." She said then walk away.

Is that it?

I shook my head, when I got to Minjeong's office I knocked, soon after she opened it.

"Let's go?" I asks her.

"Are we leaving now?" She asks.

"Yes, we're leaving now." I answered.

She nodded, she took off her coat and put it on her couch, we left the hospital together. She got in my car, she didn't want to get in her car because we were supposed to be going the same way, when we got to the noraebang building we got out of the car. We entered the building at the same time and we went to the room I had reserved, when we entered my phone rang, I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at who was calling. When I saw Jihoon I answered it, I excuse myself to Minjeong and left the room.

"I'm already here, where are you?" He asks in the other line.

"It's inside, wait I'll come out to join you." I said.

"Okay." He said then hang up the call.

I went out of the building and looked for where Jihoon was, when I saw that he was I approached him.

"Hey, let's go now." I said.

"Okay okay." He response.

We entered the building together and we went to the room I had reserved, when we entered, Minjeong had already started.

"She has a nice voice." Jihoon said.

"That's why you like her?" I asks.

"W-what?"

"Nevermind, let's sing now." I said.

I really meant for Jihoon to sit next to Minjeong, I feel like I'm the third party here.

"You sing Joshua, I've been waiting for you for a whi—"

I saw the shock on Minjeong's face when he saw Jihoon busy on his phone, I just shook my head and laughed a bit. Minjeong looked around because maybe she was looking for me, when she saw me she glared at me.

"Give me the mic, I'll sing." Jihoon said.

Minjeong handed the microphone to Jihoon, after Jihoon chose a song I just listened, especially Minjeong.

Minjeong is obviously inlove with Jihoon.

I shook my head and took my phone out of my pocket, I took a picture of them and posted the story on my Instagram account, I know that when Minjeong sees it, she'll attack me. When there was a knock on the door I stood up, when I opened it I saw a woman carrying a cake, maybe staff of this building.

"This is the cake you requested sir." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

I accepted the cake he gave me, when he left I closed the door and walk towards Minjeong.

"Happy birthday to you."

When I started singing, Jihoon join me, we sang a happy birthday for her. She blew out the candle that was on the cake, I was happy because she celebrated her birthday she was happy.

"Thank you, Jisoo-yah." She thanked me.

"Wish you all the best, Minjeong." I response.

I saw Jihoon staring at Minjeong, I smiled at him and nodded, he walked towards Minjeong and held her hand.

"Shall we eat our dinner?" He asks Minjeong.

"Oh yeah sure, Jiso—"

"I'm not coming with you, just enjoy your night with him." I said.

She smiled at me and nodded, they left the room together carrying her cake, fortunately there was no clutter here. I left the room and walked out of the building, when my phone rang I took it out of my pocket, when I saw Naomi’s number I looked at what she had texted. I didn't delete his number from my contacts, so I still know, because I'm still hoping.

Naomi:
Let's meet right now.

-winterbwear this chapter is for you, I know it's late, this chapter supposed to be on your birthday, but it's June now, and I'm sorry, very much...