t e n

A/N: im slowly losing motivation but im determined to finish this 👍

Cordelia woke and felt a light breath on her neck and an arm slung around her waist. Severely confused she reluctantly squinted her eyes open and as she was stunned by a bright beam of the sun she realised she fell asleep on her fire escape.

She was wrapped in Riff's jacket and her face felt warm, a feeling of comfort blanketing her. Riff. Riff. Riff. She finally let out a smile as she remembered the man she was embraced in right now.

Unsure of her next move, she tilted her head back to the side and began to scan him.

He easily emitted a source of comfort, his features completely soft but still sharp and defined, and the man himself was fully capable of making you swoon while rumbling with puerto ricans.

Her face scowled as she recalled his complete stigma towards the Sharks, Cordelia always viewed gang violence and the tension between them ridiculous, but was clearly not going to input herself into his situation.

Still, Cordelia was yet to ask this man anything personal... infact she barely was aware of any details of his life. She was too infatuated with her unstopping thoughts she didn't recognise Riff's eyes open.

A smirk crossed his face as he saw her lost in thought, her eyes still analysing his face.

"Something caught ya eye, Clicky?" Riff remarked, reaching out his hand and tucking her hair behind her ear.

Cordelia held her breath at the closeness and then scoffed at herself, every action he takes seemed to take her breath away yet she found being curled up next to him comforting.

He looked at her expectantly as she stared back dumbfounded, realising she was yet to answer him.

"You- uh, you have great eyes." Cordelia replied, nodding her head to reaffirm her words as she was still processing them.

Riff was clearly amused, his smile raising to a toothy grin, and he slightly adjusted his body so he was sitting up against the wall, Cordelia mentally frowning at the parting.

Cordelia eventually followed in his steps, the chill of the cold, metal fire escape finally getting to her and sending a slight shiver down her spine.

"Did I mention how great a chef I am, Riff?" Cordelia beamed, completely unsure of her words.

"Now I don't think that came up, Cordelia."

Riff slided his jacket towards Cordelia as he climbed through the window into her room and she followed, slipping his jacket on.

She guided him towards the kitchen, only stopping him at her bedroom door by placing her hand on his chest and quickly looking around the room to see if Florence was here.

Seeing that the coast was clear, she gestured him towards the table and walked towards the stove, uncertainly looking.

She standed there for a solid minute, biting her lip and only moving as she felt a body behind her.

"Riff..." She mumbled, acknowledging that he was behind her.
"I can't cook for shit."

She slowly turned around and saw Riff chuckling, leaning on the counter.

"You're familiar with Doc's." He suggested, offering his hand, Cordelia accepting, and making their way towards the door.

"This time I won't have to be counting on a stranger in the doorway to save me from falling," She paused as she locked the door behind them, and they both made their way out the building, "So long as you stick by my side."

"That I can do, Clicky."

The city buzzed with noise today, cars streaming past at rather extreme paces, market-men bellowing over eachother, desperation aching in each of their voices.

Cordelia remarked her shock in Riff's excellent dancing, teasing him as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"So, ya gonna tell me why you seemed scared to death at the sight of that man last night." Riff casually slipped into their conversation, Cordelia instantly beginning to fill with dread.

"It was just a guy I'd seen before, you know the type, uh- he just he catcalled me." Cordelia mumbled, letting go of his hand.

"Is he the one that hit 'ya." Riff growled, in an unsettled tone.

Riff wasn't a strong believer in forgive and forget, the memory of Cordelia trying to awkwardly brush away her situations of bruised eyes and cut lip and her feeling deeply uneased at the sight of seeing someone rooted in his mind.

The magnetic pull he felt to her, it made him feel all kind of undiscovered feelings, especially some need to protect her, shield her from the world he was involved in.

"That was just some girl who was lurking around them." She re-interlinked with his hand and tried to reassure him by giving him a smile.

"You should've seen me land a hit on him." She smiled, reanalysing the moment in it's short-lived glory.

He stopped as they arrived outside Docs and looked her in the eyes with a proud grin. He leaned near her and the feeling of adrenaline pulsed through her again.

Riff leaned down to her and leaned in to kiss her where her marks had been on her skin and Cordelia responded by pulling him slightly closer.

They both hovered for a few seconds and Riff stared into her eyes, confirming the emotions both flooding through them.

The gap between them was edging closer to being sealed.

"Riff! We been trynna get to ya all mornin', you wont believe what the Sharks did." A voice rung out.

Ice rushed in, only recognising Cordelia as Riff turned around and had his arm around her waist.

"They robbed our junkyard, completely wrecked that car we were workin' on." Another voice chimed in, slightly out of breath as he had chased after Ice.

Riff panned his eyes to Cordelia, finding himself questioning his next steps. Was she ready to see any part of his world?

A/N: sorry this is kinda shit its 1:48am and I have school tomorrow, leave any recommendations by replying here if you want, thanks for reading and 5K VIEWS?? thats amazing tysm <3