It's 5 A.M. Do You Know Where Your Members Are?

A soft guitar melody filled the dorm room, then was joined by two voices harmonizing with each other.

"Everybody look to their left."

Four heads whipped to the left, with some giggles.

"Everybody look to their right."

Four heads whipped to the right, with even more giggles.

"Can you feel that? Yeah. We're playing with love tonight..."

It was at that moment while looking right that Lisa noticed the graying sky through the window blinds. Surprised, she looked over at the alarm clock on the dresser in the middle of the room.

5:03 - 05/08

"Oh my God," she thought. "Have we been singing all night??"

Jennie and the new girl continued to sing Jessie J's "Price Tag" while Jisoo hummed along, following the tune. They had been at it for hours (apparently), covering pop songs in Korean and English, sometimes with the guitar and other times just their vocals.

Honestly, even at the late (early?) hour, Lisa didn't feel tired. Because today was an important day... well, yesterday was an important day. Dammit, it was still an important day! She was positive that she was experiencing a moment.

A moment that would change her life.

—————-

That buzz had started that afternoon while she was still in Korean language class; an itch or tingling in her scalp that made the last half of her studies unbearable. The feeling only intensified as Lisa left class and headed to the elevator, intent on heading downstairs for dance training. She actually got a static shock when she pressed the call button for the elevator.

The feeling reached a crescendo as the door opened, revealing an older man and woman with a teenage girl between them. Lisa looked at the girl...

The buzzing in her head stopped.

She stepped into the elevator and was hit with a moment of perfect clarity. Lisa tried not to stare, but her brain was etching in the details into her memory.

This was important. Never forget this moment.

Short dark hair, blue t-shirt, guitar slung over shoulder. And nervous, as Lisa noticed the white-knuckled grip on the shoulder strap.

She wanted to say hello and introduce herself, but before she could say anything the elevator stopped at one of the administrative floors and the trio got out, leaving Lisa to continue to the dance studio alone. The larger group was split up today, so only a few other members were there when she arrived.