𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆

The atmosphere in the room was serene and silent, yet heavy with uncertainty

The atmosphere in the room was serene and silent, yet heavy with uncertainty. The first rays of dawn timidly slipped through the half-drawn curtains, softly illuminating Yedam’s face. As his eyelids fluttered open, his mind seemed to struggle, trying to emerge from the deep darkness it had been submerged in for so long. His breathing was uneven, and his fingers moved slowly, rediscovering the texture of the sheets covering him. The rhythmic beeping of the machines around him marked the tempo of his awakening.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and before he could focus on what was happening, a tall, slender figure darted out, only leaving behind a glimpse of something dark… Yedam frowned, trying to capture the fading image, but before his mind could latch onto any memory, the door opened again.

—Yedam? —A broken voice called out, and he turned his gaze toward the red-haired young man approaching with hesitant steps.

Doyoung leaned closer, tears streaming down his cheeks, as if he had finally reached something he had feared losing forever.

—Are you okay, Yedam? Do you recognize me? —He asked, voice choked with emotion, his trembling hands reaching out toward him, stopping halfway, as if afraid that touching him would make him disappear again.

Yedam stared at him, bewildered. The sensation of familiarity scratched at his mind, but he couldn’t remember. Every second that passed, he felt as if something crucial was missing from his thoughts, like a forgotten word on the tip of his tongue.

—Who are you? —His voice was barely a whisper, laden with confusion and fear.— I... I can't remember anything.

Doyoung pressed his lips together, dropping his gaze for a moment, before meeting Yedam’s eyes again with a determined expression, despite the tremor still evident on his face.

—I’m your boyfriend, Yedam… We loved each other before the accident. —His words came out with a mixture of tenderness and desperation.

Yedam’s eyes clouded as he tried to process what he had just heard. His boyfriend? His heart pounded hard, but there was no warmth of recognition. Even so, the sincerity in Doyoung’s expression disarmed him. Swallowing, unsure of what to say, he just gave a faint nod.

Doyoung smiled, a glimmer of hope lighting up his face as the tears kept falling. He leaned closer and whispered softly:

—Don’t worry… I’ll stay by your side until you remember.

That night, after the doctors’ visit and the commotion of friends dropping by to see him, Yedam was left alone in the room. The sounds of the hospital faded away in the stillness of the early morning. He closed his eyes, exhausted, letting sleep wash over him.

Then, blurry images began to surface in his mind…

A garden… flowers everywhere, bathed in the golden light of a radiant sun. Among them, a bouquet of sunflowers stood out—vibrant and bright, like a promise of eternal joy. He smiled at the sight, his chest swelling with an inexplicable fondness for those flowers…