T H I R T Y N I N E

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"Can I invite you to dinner later?" Joshua asks me.

"Oh yeah, sure." I answered.

"What time do you want?" He asks.

"Maybe when our shift is done." I answered.

"Okay then, see you later." He said then I nodded.

It's like my heart is happy because Joshua and I are talking again, I can't explain how I feel but all I know is I'm happy. When I got to my office I saw my secretary, what could have happened to her?

"Hey, Lia."

"Doc, you're here."

"I notice you're stunned, what's going on?" I asks her.

"There's just a problem," she answered.

"But it didn't affect my work, right Doc?" She asks.

"It didn't affect your job, but you have to share your problem with me, you know I consider you as my sister, not just my secretary." I answered.

She sighed and covered her face with her palms, I leaned over her and I could hear her sobs.

"Share with me, I will listen." I said.

"I'm pregnant, Doc." She said.

I was surprised by what she said, so sometimes she is stunned because she is pregnant? The question is who is the father of the child she is carrying in her womb?

"Who is the father?" I asks her.

"I'm drunk that night, Doc. But I remembered what his name was." She answered.

"Then, what's his name?" I asks her again.

"Jimin." She answered.

I was even more surprised, I remembered that name, especially what he did to Joshua and me just to ruin our relationship. I clenched my fist and stood up, and I punched the wall, I knew Lia had many more dreams.

But why now she was not careful?

"Why aren't you careful?" I asks her.

"That man is dangerous, Lia." I said.

"I'm sorry, Doc." She said then cried.

I sat down next to her again and hugged her, I don't know but I'm angry, that man has a lot of sins. Especially with Joshua and me, he really did everything to ruin our relationship, and now he even got Lia pregnant. Lia and I went out of the office, we went to her condo and I told her to pack the clothes and what else she needed to pack.

"You will live in my condo for now, understand?" She nodded.

We got in the car together and I picked it up, we arrived right away and went to my condo, it's a good thing I still have a room so I'll put her to sleep there first.

"Just have a rest and stay here for a while, I'll take care of the hospital first, you also need to rest." I said.

"Yes, Doc." She response.

"And also, don't call me doc. We are the only ones here in my condo, and we are not in the hospital." I said.

"Yes, Naomi-unnie." She response.

I left my condo and went to the hospital, thank goodness I left my condo and went to the hospital, it's a good thing there are no patients in line yet, because I became an OB-GYNE and if I have a pregnant patient I need to take care of it. When I had a patient I looked at her, when I remembered that she was the girlfriend of Joshua's friend I made her sit on the chair.

"What's the problem?" I asks her.

"I always feel nauseous, and sometimes I get irritated. Then Jeonghan was even surprised because the perfume I bought for him, it smelled bad." She answered.

"What does that mean?" She asks.

"Have you ever tried a pregnancy test?" She shook her head.

"You are pregnant, so you become like that because you are pregnant, you need to buy a pregnancy test so you know, when two lines, it means positive, when you see that there's only one line, it means negative." I said.

"Uhm aren't you Joshua's girlfriend?" She asks.

I am no longer Joshua's girlfriend.

"Why?"

"Please don't tell him or Jeonghan that I'm pregnant, I'll tell him myself." She said.

I nodded at what she said, when she left my office I sighed, do I have to be careful? I shook my head, I looked at the clock and saw lunch was still there, we had a long dinner and I was already excited.

"I hope the time for the afternoon speeds up, I'm really excited." I said.

The number of my patients increased and I had another operation, it was very tiring so I had to rest when it was three o'clock. I'm really excited for Joshua's dinner later, I would have taken care of him but he preceded me.

"I should get some rest." I said.

I got up and was about to sit on the couch when there was a knock on my office door, I went to the door and opened it, I saw Joshua busy on his phone.

"Shua." I called him on his nickname.

I missed calling you by your nickname.

"Uhm, hey." He said.

"So, shall we continue later for our dinner?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course." I answered.

"Okay then, see you later." He said.

Hee left and I just looked at him until he disappeared from my sight, I was about to close my door when I thought of going to Lia, I also needed to check on her. When I got to my condo I went to a room where she slept, fortunately she really rested, I went to my room and prepared clothes for me to wear.

I heard a knock on my door so I went out of my room, I looked in the peep hole to see who it was but when I saw a familiar face, and I got nervous. I made sure it was locked and quietly went back to my room, nervous about what would happen to Lia and me, I picked up my phone on the bed and called Seokmin.

I was in a hurry, but he didn't answer my call so I had no choice but to call Joshua, I hope I don't disturb him.

"Hey, Naomi. Why'd you call?" He asks in the other line.

"Come here to my condo, we are in the same building so come here." I answered.

"Why? What happened?" He asks.

"Just come here, I'll send you my room number." I answered and hang up the call.

Please hurry up, Joshua. I need you to face him.