The Mycelium

The Mycelium hummed quietly beside them, beautifully mysterious and familar "I have found little more about our friend here" izadora explained. Her hands cradled a half finished whiskey, her eyes studying the life form she found herself fascinated by. "She has a liking for classical music".

The laugh bubbled in Sarah's throat, warm and inviting. A sound izadora was greatful to hear. The generals facade was rarely gone, the Sarah under neath almost always hidden away. It was during these calm moments, that izadora saw Sarah Alder, not just the general."That is something both her and i agree on"

"I have said it many times before and i will say it many times again. After all these years, she is...a mystery. I do not know if I will ever fully understand her"

"I dont know, i believe not knowing is part of her charm" Sarah hummed. Resting the glass against the side of her face "For centuries she has remained unknown, many have tried to understand her, many have died doing so. the day we understand her will be the day she loses part of her meaning, part of what makes her so special"

Izadora's nodded her head gentle. Contemplating the generals words. "She is indeed special"

The final word that left Izadora's mouth echoed around the room with a unnatural strength. Bouncing back at them loud enough to make their ears ring. The glasses in there hands trembled from the impact and izadora stood. Eyes locking on the mycelium. "General, it's...it's changing?"

The white tendrils of the mycelium moved quickly, shifting from the centre to the edge. Spreading along the walls as if attempting to grow. "Izadora, behind me!" The general ordered and with nothing more then a thought The biddies once waiting quietly outside slilped into the room. voices ready and eyes darting for risk.

The Myceliumpulsed, white light brightening and dimming as a voice slipped from it
"Izadora, the mycelium is doing something odd"

"I do not recognise that voice" A biddies stated.

Sarah was on edge, the facades of the general cementing in place quickly.

"Ah dont touch her blair" another voice warned and godess was that familar.

"ME?" Izadora questioned. "That was my voice"

The tendrils of the Mycelium picked up speed, almost vibrating as it brought forth a image.

No. This wasn't a imagine

Two figures formed before them, one all to familiar and one no one appeared to recognise.

"Facinating. She looks exzactly like me...but who is the other women"

The unfamiliar women wore the same standard issue uniform as General Alder and let semi blonde hair fall losely around her shoulder. She was beautiful really, izadora wouldn't have trouble admitting that if it hadn't been for the exzact copy of herself. Staring right at her.

"Sarah?" The women gasped and the eyes of the Izadora's look alike flickered over to sarah.

And those all to familar widened with panic. Something the other women beside then realised quickly. "Izadora. No shhh. It's okay. It's okay, what ever this is. It's just the Mycelium"

"Why is it showing us this" The Izadora's copy whispered. Her eyes seemed tearful now, her hands trembling at her sides.

'Goddess' Izadora thought. 'Have I ever looks so heartbreakingly broken before'

"I don't know" the women said. Hand cupping her Izadora's face. "I don't know sweetheart but please don't panic over this. Everything is okay, you are okay. I am okay,"

The women's back was twoards the Mycelium, rather openly trusting her to not harm.them, even after this show.

That was why she didn't notice the reaching tendrils, her attention to focused om her Izadora. To focused on offering soft words of comfort until. "Behind you, the Mycelium" Izadora found herself shouting.

It was to late however, the vines hit its target, wrapping around the women's body and rather violently yanking her back. It enveloped her, turning slightly tanned skin a terrifying white.

The image disappeared quickly, erasing a wide eyes Izadora and leaving...leaving the body of women unconscious on floor.

The vines of the Mycelium stayed wrapped around her, as if protecting her as the General approached slowly. "Alert the infirmary" Alder ordered. "Tell them we are bringing in a top secret patient"
------------------------------------------------------
Note: Hello friends, this is your lovely author speaking

I will start this off by saying  I apologize about incorrect spelling and grammar. I suck at it.

I have no beta reader to check over my work. But I will come back later to edit and rewrite things.

I have a AO3 as well. Under the same name so don't be alarmed if u see the same story on 2 different sights.