Chapter 33: All Together Now!

"Today's mission will require the efforts of every veteran and recruit we have to offer!"  Rook Announced.  "Our scouts have confirmed the galactic black market's development of a bootleg version of threat level 15 element X!"

The entire base breaks into mutters of worry and shock as they all whisper among themselves.

"Element X...?"  Izuku said to himself.

"A rare and highly volatile crystal sustenance."  Ren replied.  "It's a element that was originally found on the planet Thalassia, but it was destroyed years ago, making it even more rare.  Normally by itself, it wouldn't pose as much of a threat."

"Then why...?"  Izuku replied.

"It's when you combine Element X with other materials is when it's true power shines.  With the right components and technology..."  Devlin added.

"It has the power to completely destroy an entire solar system in a single blast."  Evelyn replied.

 Izuku's eyes widen at the sound of an entire solar system, wiped out in a mere blink of an eye.

"Seriously...?"  Izuku replied.  "Wait, didn't he say the black market was developing this!?"

"Just as surprised as you are kid.  Paradox wasn't kidding when he said this was a universe ending threat."  Ren replied.  "We've had a few close calls in the past with element X, but I thought we rounded up all of it."

"Guess we missed a few."  Devlin replied.  "Can't make a copy without having the original to start with."

"To think that it's circulating the black market...  It makes me want to pummel whoever's making copies of these instead of turning it in to the proper authorities!"  Evelyn commented.

"With you there."  Ren replied.

Izuku returns his attention to Rook, putting on a serious look on his face as he stands up straighter.

"If what they say about this element X is true, then I have to take this seriously!  Trillions of lives could be at stake!"  Izuku thought to himself as he solidified his resolve and looked around the room.  "Everyone here is serious about this, it's just as Aizawa-Sensei said...  Everyone else is here to save lives, I have to be of the same mind if I'm going to be a hero!"

"Over the past month, we have seen a spike in illegal weapons trading.  While confiscating the weapons, we've discovered that the weapons were all powered by this copy of element X."  Rook explained while showing everyone a projection of the fake crystal.

"This copy of the crystal is composed of Taydenite, a rare and precious crystal that is practically indestructible which serves as the shell, we believe it is then synthesized with the natural energy from the original element X as well as some oth...

"This copy of the crystal is composed of Taydenite, a rare and precious crystal that is practically indestructible which serves as the shell, we believe it is then synthesized with the natural energy from the original element X as well as some other strange energy.  Unfortunately, we aren't able to identify the second element at this time.  With the reports from our scouts, we were able to pinpoint the location of the fake crystals to the planet Targarath."  Rook announced as he pulled the planet up on the screen.  "For those that are unfamiliar, Targarath is a planet that has no true inhabitants and is a melting pot of different species and races of aliens.  It was industrialized by immigrant aliens who had left their home planets for a new start in their lives.  Since then however, constant use of impure energy sources have transformed this once blossoming planet into a near decrepit wasteland. Along with this report, we have learned that the underworld criminal, Vulkanus had arrived 6 months prior on the planet."