Part 1

Jean Lee was surprised to receive a call from Bill Benedict, proposing a drive to the seaside.

"We can have lunch somewhere near the harbour," Bill said, "then come back for cocktails at the Karloff hotel."

"That sounds great," Jean said.

She had gone on a date with Bill, then they had texted for a while before it abruptly stopped. That was six months ago and now they were going sightseeing.

"How about this Sunday?" He asked.

"Sunday is perfect."

"So I will see you on Sunday then."

Jean could feel his smile through the phone call.

"That would be delightful, thank you for the invitation and see you on Sunday....."

"I will come around eleven," Bill said.

It was Sunday, Bill arrived a little after eleven o'clock, driving a black BMW 4x4, wearing a nice white Polo shirt with jeans and boat shoes. 

He looked handsome, Jean thought to herself.

Jean got into the car beside him. She had on a blue coat with a silk scarf tied around her hair.

"We would go to the seaside first, then after we can have lunch at a restaurant near the harbour."

Jean was surprised by his sudden show of interest after not speaking for six months but all the same she was still happy to see him again.

"I want us to drive to Clive, Highlands. The beaches there are nice and relaxing."

"Yes, and the scenery is also very stunning. I think it's also a popular family holiday destination." Jean added.

When they arrived at their destination, Bill parked the car, then they went to get ice cream before walking to the beach, feeling the breeze on their skin.

"It's even more beautiful in Autumn and in winter when the weather usher in ever changing skies. Sometimes there is an afternoon moon."

"Maybe I will be back in the winter and experience it for myself." Jean laughed.

Bill laughed along with her.

After their time at the seaside, Bill drove them to a pretty port town with colourful houses and sheltered bay.

"This is one of the prettiest ports in England," Jean remarked.

"Yes, I agree and it's because of the colourful houses that is lining the harbour." Bill explained.

The main Street had a mix of shops, eateries, hotels and guest houses. Bill chose one of the hotels for their lunch where they had delicious seafood with good white wine.

After their lunch they browsed through the locally produced arts and crafts, and she bought some items for interior design purposes. Soon it was time for them to drive back.

Jean could not help but feel that she had enjoyed herself and she hoped the same for Bill.