The Stories:Book One-Written Trailer

“The rain is coming harder,” the giant says. The man standing next to him stares ahead and nods once.

“But, sure as I know her…she will only become stronger in it,” the giant continues. “Nothing fazes her.”

“Indeed, mountain. She is like no other. She leads us,” says the man in beggar’s clothing. “Sts, we await her signal, old Friend.” he continues peering over his shoulder.

“But of course, JHL,” a small voice answers.

A mile or so ahead high atop a cliff the girl raises her hand, high into the air. First, a fist. Then, she extends her index and small finger, simultaneously. The wind blows through them as she gives a blank stare to the terrain before her. She’s calm, though her chest heaves in and out with great force. No words come out of her mouth. Just her hand, in the air. Her hood caresses her face and she closes her eyes tightly. Finally she speaks where only she can hear. “As I am breathing, so are you, Sarah.” She pumps her hand into the air twice and the silence is broken.

First, a tiny creature, scurries through the leaves on the ground. The first of her companions who goes in front of her, ahead of the rest. He is the sight, one with a gift. Precognition. He can’t explain how he does it and doesn’t need to. He jumps off the high cliff she’s standing on, towards the dark valley below.

Her hand remains in the air with her eyes shut. She is praying. Her grandmother taught her how.

The small creature is far ahead of her now just as a man, lithe in stature but holding more power than any mere mortal being, joins the small creature. In his hand, a rather peculiar looking instrument, made of ancient rowan wood. He sprints past the girl, after the creature, and says these words: “And so the time for pretense. The time for hiding in the shadows……is dead.”

He flips head first into the valley below, disappearing from sight.

Then the “giant”, the “mountain” is heard. His every step as loud as the whipping thunder in the sky. He brandishes a special weapon, one like never before seen and smashes it into the rocks at his feet, causing him to catapult next to the girl. He stands 12 feet tall to her 5.

“Now…that you know what you are…” he begins.

“Say nothing,” She interrupts. “I am who I am. I am who Sarah made me to be. Beneath this shell is…is…”

“Say nothing,” the giant says, looking out towards the valley.

“Very well,” She says quietly.

“The Ozul was right, you know.”

“I know. It makes sense, D. I always stared into the sky…wondering.”

“You know she loved you.”

“Yes…and that is why I’ve done all that I have. She’s with us, D. she sent those two…

…to us. We hold the fate of this world in our hands Brother.”

He grunts. Then he looks down at the girl and nods. He puts his hand on the top of her head and closes his eyes. “Let the blood speak, child. Let the blood speak.”

She says nothing, only nods in return. This is her way.

The giant grabs his weapon and raises it so high the clouds seemingly parted for it.

“Brothers!” he yells into the night, beating his weapon against his chest, then lets out a bestial roar, which mocls the thunder, again. His eyes, just moments before a deep brown, began to change into an entirely different color, reminiscent of a star-filled sky. The color of a void. He lets out a low rolling growl as he smiles, coyly. He then jumps feet first below and joins the two runners before him.

The rain begins to fall onto her. She lifts her head and embraces the hard drops with fervor.

Her left hand moves over to the the hilt of her blade. “This is…this is who I really am?” she says in a whisper.

She closes her eyes and the hood fell over her head, shadowing her face.

She breaths in and out and as she opens her eyes, their amber glow shines on her skin, as one word falls from her lips:

“Yes.”

She put her hand in front of her chest and made a fist, choking the air within. As she lifted her head towards the sky, words she said when she first “became” what she is now came to mind:

In the dark is where I run.

In the dark is where I am strong.

I do not fear, that which I can not see…

For in the dark is where I am free.

She feels guilt about cracking a slight smile, but she does anyway.

“I am no longer alone, Grandmother!” she yells.  Yes! The time for pretense. The time for hiding in the shadows…

is dead! With you. With me. Light the way!”

Her skin begin to glow as bright as the stars above. She feels one with them.

“Yes.” she says again.

The light envelops everything around her and as she begins to hover off the ground, she leaps off of the cliff, lighting the valley below.

Let the blood sssspeak…” an ethereal voice whispers in the wake.

The Stories:Book One

Legends Will Be Reborn.

THANKS for reading! Let me know!