𝐅𝐍𝐚𝐅 - 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑠𝑡

⁎⁎~⁎⁎

Prologue

The rain is too heavy to drive home. Large water droplets plop and scatter on the glass door and dusty, fissured windows and race down to the bottom. Lightning strikes the dark sky and thunder roars after it. Murky clouds twist with dismay as the welkin frowns over the aged building. The downpour seems to have lasted for 20 minutes at the least.

The man standing behind the window, dressed in purple attire, took his phone out of his pocket, his fingertips smudged with black, "No service." He muttered, holding it higher. The man in purple desperately searches for a signal. After a bit of waving his cellphone at the ceiling, he was able to catch a signal. He dials a number and it rings. A deep voice answers.
"Dave? Where've you been?"
Dave starts to pace around the lobby, "I was doing some maintenance on one of the animatronics." He replies solemnly, sitting down in a chair behind the front desk and kicking back in the seat. The voice is silent for a moment, just a moment.
"Again? I told you you shouldn't. I swear if you were working on Foxy again, that thing is too difficult to repair. Too many fizzled fuses, right arm is busted, not to mention the huge gash in the torso." Dave slumped back in the creaky office chair, the voice sighed "And I assume you are stuck?"
"Yes, Henry. Help a friend out." Dave chuckled hoarsely, "I'll be here for a while." He glanced back out the window. The trees and their branches seemed to dance in the wind. It howled outside the building, like an angry spirit. Lightning split the sky. Dave looked over at the animatronics standing vacantly on the stage.
Henry spoke up, "The night guard won't make it tonight, obviously. So I suppose you can fill in for him? Just make your way to the office, there should be a message there for you on the phone."
Dave stood up and ambled past the stage and made his way down the hall. He got an uneasy feeling as he walked by the animatronics. From what he did a couple weeks ago (the place closed down for 2 weeks after the incident), he never wanted to be near the robot animals again. No one seemed to notice the strange, rotting odor emitting from them. People probably just assumed they were dirty and old, since they don't get cleaned.
Dave scowled at those thoughts. He never liked animatronics anyway. He just saw them as play things that can hide evidence and lure children. Children blinded by the magic and happiness of this place. Soon, he was at the security office. Where nightguards stay to keep away from the creaky robot animals at night when they watch over the place.
The small room was dusty and cramped. Like a cubicle at an office, just narrower with two large openings for giant steel doors. The desk was a mess. Monitors stacked on eachother with pieces of crumpled scrap paper, a soda cup, and a phone. Henry was silent when Dave suddenly declared, "I am in the office now, shall I hang up?" He picked up the tablet on the desk that had the cameras displayed on it, " Go ahead, I won't bother you further." There was a beep and a cut off to the buzzing sound as Dave slipped his phone back in his pocket.
The purple man pressed the red button on the phone. It rang after some silence, making Dave flinch. He started checking the cameras, monitoring the pizzeria. Every inch and corner and nook of the place is unsettling, but mostly in the nighttime.
"Hello?" A raspy voice barked, the crackling sounds of the phone filtering his tone, "Hello, hello! Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria. A place where fantasy and fun come to life. A place for children and adults alike, yada yada. Now I know you must have seen us on the news, not so long ago, but I assure you! Everything has been taken care of." Dave rubbed his temples impatiently. This guy talks too much, he grumbled to himself.
The voice continued, "Now let's get the basics down. After 12AM, the animatronics may tend to roam around, a result of a programming error in their system. But you have nothing to worry about!" He said, "You have the doors to close in case they get near or someone breaks in-" Cutting off the message on the phone, Dave slammed his finger on the 'mute call' button, holding up the security tablet.
The rain continued to stampede outside. Heavy pitter-patters of the rain knocked on the windows rapidly. Other than that, it was eerily silent. Every once in a while, you can hear the deep rumble of thunder crack the skyline. There was a hefty but low bang from the dining area. Alerted, Dave jerked his head up. He pressed cam 1 and examined the area only to see the purple rabbit missing from the stage. Just as the phone guy said, they wander at night. It's normal.
There were some other faint, solid clanks from outside. The sounds of metal footsteps pacing around the somewhat empty pizzeria. Where is that darn robot? Dave scanned every camera until he finally found Bonnie in the dark backstage, staring at the camera with daunting, magenta eyes. The backstage is a storage area, where no customers were allowed. It was full of spare heads, endo parts, plush suits, a spare endo skeleton sitting on the table, and dust.
These animatronics unsettle me. Dave watched Bonnie closely, his heart beat trying to stay steady. The office's cold atmosphere made Dave more uneasy. It was something about Bonnie's eyes. They were usually bright and lively, but now they look dead and blank. The robot seemed to bare his teeth as he stood under the camera. Suddenly, his eyes flickered black, little white dots glittering as his pupils. Dave poked his head out of the office. The rain was still pounding on the glass in the main lobby.
He looked back to the tablet in a hurry just to see the rabbit missing. Gone without a trace, or sound.
The same heavy metal footsteps clanked in the hallway to Dave's right. There was a startling sound next to him. It was like a groan. It was sort of deep but shrill and continued on for a few seconds. His eyes darting to the door, Dave saw the worst thing he could possibly see at that time. The purple bunny was looming in the doorway, his jaw snapped out and his grim eyes glaring straight at him.