{1} A Shot in the Dark.

Hello, everyone! This is my first story on Wattpad (also on my quotev and tumblr)! Assuming that you've finished Alice in Borderland (the tv show) this story starts with the plot around episode 4 (with a few tweaks). I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter of the story! Make sure to put any theories and opinions down in the comments below and I will make sure I reply to them all!

Trigger Warnings: Violence, death, cussing.

Key:

[E/C] : Eye Color
[H/L] : Hair Length

[H/C] : Hair Color

Your tired eyes glanced at your mirrored reflection, your lips plastered in a small smile as you took in the exhausted sight of your features, you had been getting ready for another long day at work, your last shift of the week. You worked five days a week at a local coffee shop located in the Akihabara district of Tokyo. The shop had been settled on a large stretch of stores that carried more anime merchandise than you could ever imagine, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventures to the weirdest tentacle hentai that you could picture, it was almost insane. It was a large pull for international tourists, mostly Americans, which meant that the small coffee shop was always packed, which was great for the business but it meant that you had to work extremely long and exhausting shifts. But, time is money so- who were you to complain? You were just glad that you had a job to go to. As much as you loved your family, being around them all of the time would have driven you crazy.

You soon brought yourself back from your thoughts, your seemingly lifeless [E/C] eyes stared back at you, your mirrored limbs copying every single movement that you had made. It almost intimidated you in a way, almost as if your reflection could jump out at you at any second and pull you in. A chuckle had softly escaped your throat as you snapped yourself away from your creepy thoughts once more. You had watched one too many horror movies lately.

You continued getting ready for your long afternoon shift in a nearly robotic manner, pulling up your [H/L] [H/C] hair into a tight ponytail, the hair swung to each side as you let go of the ponytail. You smiled again at your reflection before you reached for your silver eyelash curler off of your vanity. You leaned closer to the mirror, the curler coming closer and closer to your eyelashes. As it reached your lashes you clamped it down tightly, having made sure that you didn't clamp your eyelid on accident, which happened more often than you'd like to admit.

It all happened in a split second, the lights flickered quickly before they had powered off and your hand quickly pulled back, having tugged harshly on your lashes; you winced a tad as you blinked away the few tears that had developed from the harsh tug, the curler clattered to the vanity in front of you. You looked around as your eyes traced around your small bedroom in a slightly panicked manner. A soft hum of confusion excreted from your mouth as you walked to your bedroom door, your hand turned the cold metal handle as you peeked out into the apartment ahead of you.

"Mom! The power went out!" Your shout had echoed throughout the rest of your family's small apartment, however, you received no reply, only met with silence. "Mom..?" You shouted out more, and once again there was no response. You raised your brow, walking out of your room to see that your family's apartment was completely empty. You had assumed after a few more minutes that your mom and your little sister went out to run errands, but you couldn't be too sure. "Thanks for letting me know..." You grumbled, slightly irritated as you decided to make your way to work earlier than usual.

You left the small apartment in an angry huff as you crept down the dim hallways of the apartment building, normally you would have seen your neighbors out and about as it was a nice and warm afternoon but, they had been nowhere to be found. Your shift started at noon and it was only 11:20 am so, you had a while to sit and read a book before your shift started. You finally exited the apartment building only to find that there were no people to be seen anywhere. You were freaked out at this point but you continued on to your work. Maybe your co-workers were there- You were sure they had to be, the cafe had been open for around five hours at that point.