F O R T Y F I V E

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"We haven't forgotten anything, have we? Are the gifts we will give to your parents complete?" I asks Joshua.

"Yes, it's complete, this is only four." He answered.

I chuckled, I knocked on their gate because I didn't see a doorbell, we waited for a few seconds and Joshua turned to us when the gate opened and his Dad came out.

"Here you are, come in, it's too hot." His Dad says.

Joshua and I went in, I took the two paper bags Joshua was carrying, two for me and two for him. When we entered Joshua's house I looked around, the look of their house still hadn't changed.

"Naomi! Long time no see!" His Mom exclaimed.

"Good evening, auntie." I greeted her and kisses her both cheeks.

We put our gift on the living room couch, they said they would open the gift later because we would eat first.

"You know Naomi, Jisoo visits your Mom when you're not here in Korea." Mrs. Hong said.

I looked at him, I thought he wasn't visiting Mom because he was too busy and Seokmin didn't tell me he was visiting Mom.

"Sometimes we accompany him." His dad says.

All I did was nod at what they said, Joshua didn't really forget me, I knew he was mad at me but he still managed to visit my Mom. But that was just then and I was thankful for that, when we finished our dinner we watched them open the gift we bought.

"We hope that you'll like those gifts that we bought for you." I said.

"Naomi put an effort there, Mom and Dad." Joshua says.

When I felt like my stomach was turning, I went to the kitchen and vomited, I've been like this for a few days, I know Joshua's mom is here to rub my back. When I finished rinsing I turned to the person behind me, I was surprised to see that Joshua's Mom was here.

"Are you pregnant?" She asks.

"That's what I want to make sure, I'm an OB-gyne but I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not." I answered.

"Tell me first before Joshua okay?" I nodded.

We left the kitchen together and I saw Joshua and his Dad talking, they both turned to me and Joshua was surprised when he saw me?

I guess?

"You are so pale Naomi, what happened to you?" He asks.

"She vomited." His mother, the one who answer instead of me.

"I think we need to go home right now, Naomi you'll sleep in my condo again tonight." He said.

I nodded and turned to his Mom, his Mom just nodded and looked at Joshua again.

"Be careful you two, you have to slow down." His mother says.

"We will." He response.

While in the car and Joshua was driving, I was just looking outside, I needed to know if I was pregnant. I know Joshua and I didn't rush, but there was nothing we could do, a blessing from the Lord, and I knew we would both be happy.

"What are you thinking Naomi?" Joshua suddenly asks.

"Oh, nothing." I answered.

"What's going on with you? Did you eat something bad that made you vomit?" He asks me again.

"Maybe I ate something." I answered.

"Uhm, can you buy me a pregnancy test?" I asks him.

To my surprise, he suddenly stopped at the side of the road, he looked at me in shock and I averted my eyes, I didn't know what else to say.

"You're pregnant?" He asks.

"I'm not sure, that's why I ask you to buy me a pregnancy test." I answered.

He stopped talking and drove again, we went to a pharmacy and he got out of the car, I was nervous that he might not accept the responsibility.

"Here's the pregnancy test." Joshua suddenly said as he got in the car.

I accepted the pregnancy test he bought for me, I put it in the bag, when we arrived at Joshua's condo I immediately went to his bathroom. I've done what I have to do, I don't want to look at the pregnancy test because I'm just more nervous. I closed my eyes and took the pregnancy test away from me, after a few seconds I opened my eyes, when I looked at the pregnancy test there were two red lines.

"I-i'm pregnant." I said.

I went out of the bathroom and I walked towards Joshua who's cooking right now in the kitchen, I showed him the pregnancy test and I could see the shock on his face.

"You are really pregnant." He said.

I turned away from him, not knowing what I was going to do, I also didn’t know how he felt.

I want to leave his condo.

I was just surprised when he hugged me from behind, does that mean he was happy?

"I... I don’t know how I feel." He said.

"But, I'm happy." He added.

I smiled and held the arm around my stomach.

"All right, I'm hungry now." I said.

"All right, sit there, I'll finish cooking it first." He said.

I sat down to wait for Joshua to finish, when a few minutes later we were eating, I don’t know why I didn’t like the taste of what Joshua cooked.

"I didn’t like the taste." I said.

"I'm going to finish what I've cooked, it's a little bit." He said.

I pouted, I walk towards his refrigerator and open it, I looked at what was in her refrigerator, when I saw a pack of biscuits I took it and opened it.

"That's all you're going to eat? You don't want me to order anymore? He asks.

I just nodded and went to the living room, I sat on the couch while eating a biscuit, it will satisfy me because it is delicious and big too.

"Here's your water." Then he put the glass of a water in the mini-table and sat beside me.

"When did you not menstruate?" He asks.

"A week, then I was just surprised that I'm vomiting." I answered.

"From now on, you will live here, let Lia live in your condo." He said and that made me look at him.

"But how about her? I want to take care of her." I said.

"We will take care of her both, here we will feed her." He response, so I nodded.

We became calm and I ate the biscuit I ate, I wasn't bored when it was quiet and I enjoyed it more when it was quiet.

"Have you ever thought of a name for our baby?" He asks.

"We don’t know yet what gender the baby is in my womb." I answered.

"I'm just too excited I guess." He said.

I smiled, I thought he wouldn't accept the responsibility he would face once the baby came out of my womb, he would be a Father and I knew we would be happy.