Prolouge: In an alternate timeline...

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Mirabel walks back to her room after all the guests have entered Antonio's new room, and after she sang "Waiting on a miracle"

She took one small glance at each of the glowing magical doors her cousins and sisters have, not paying attention to the walls breaking at the seems

She finally arrives at her door... the nursery door i meant, not magical... just... the only normal room door in the casita.

She sighs...

She enters the nursery door and sits on her bed...
Tears suddenly slide down from her cheeks...
She was not okay, she was definitely, not okay...

"..... I'll never be good enough will i..... i will never.... get a gift because...."

Dark thoughts cloud her mind...
Telling her something she isn't supposed to think of...

"Because... maybe I'm not.... a M-Madrigal? hic .... Am i not supposed to be... h-here.... hic ... is that why i don't get a.... hic .... gift..."

She wants to sob loudly but she can't, maybe from the thought that she'll disturb the party, or that cousin Dolores will hear her

Either way, she stuffs a pillow into her face, sobbing herself to sleep maybe...

Alone.... without anyone there to comfort her.

And the walls continue to slowly make more cracks, of course, it stopped after Mirabel fell asleep, thankfully the candle is still in place.

// Timeskip! //

Mirabel wakes up feeling sluggish and still tired,
She exits her room to find her mum downstairs

"Mirabel? Your finally awake."

"H-Huh... what time is it anyway mom??"

"It's 10 in the morning already, you missed breakfast"

"W-WHA- uuugh..... I-It's that late already... I'm never late...."

"That's what i was thinking just now..."

Julieta notices something on Mirabel's eyes

"Hun... did you manage to get enough sleep last night?"

"Uhm.... i... i guess so... why?"

"You have eye bags... like, what time did you go to bed?"

"Ah- i uhm.... i.... don't remember..."

"Hey sleeping beauty! Your finally awake"

A familiar voice enters the kitchen, it was Camilo, with a plate full of snacks

"Oh... Morning Camilo..."

"Your almost about to miss lunch too! Here, have some arepas!"

Camilo shoves 2 arepas onto Mirabel's hands

"Uh.... thanks?"

"Just a mid-snack, well, you did miss breakfast and all"

"That's very generous of you Camilo, now go and help the others in preparing lunch"

"Alright Tia... see ya cousin!"

Camilo leaves, and Mira just slowly stuffs one arepas in her mouth watching him leave, she was still trying to process on what happened

"Hm...."

"Oh right, since your awake, can you help me set up the food?"

"U-Uhm... sure thing mom, i can help!"

Julieta nods and hands some tomatos for Mirabel to cut.

Mirabel still felt quite sluggish and her vision didn't seem right even if her glasses were on, and then she accidentally cut her finger-

"Ouch!"

"Mirabel? Are you okay?"

"Yeah... it's okay mom i just... cut my thumb...."

Her mom sighs and gets one of her healing snacks to give Mirabel

"Here, this should help"

"... thanks mom...."

She eats the snack, and just like magic, her thumb healed, well, it was magic like, hey this is Enchanto, the whole fuckn casita is magic too! E he m- sorry- anyways-

".... Mom... can i.... ask you something...?"

"Well of course, you can tell me anything... is something wrong?"

"Uhm... just a silly question and all like... does... does everything happen for a reason....?"

".... what do you mean... does everything happen for a reason?... i don't understand"

"Y-You know... it's just... like uhm.... do you... did you receive your gift for a reason...?"

"... well... i think my reason is that... i got my gift to help those who are injured, to make food to fill the stomachs of those who are hungry.... wait..."

Julieta looks at Mirabel with a serious look

"Mirabel what did Abuela say to you?"

"W-What?? She just told me to... well... leave some things to those who are capable of it or better at it, why?"

"Look... don't be afraid to tell me if she says something bad to you okay? I can talk it out with her... what did she say to you?"

"..... she... only said that, she... she didn't say anything 'bad' mom... it's fine..."

She sighs, she canceled her serious gaze on Mirabel and back to what she tried to prepare

"Okay Hun... i believe you"

" phew... "

"But... I'm just worried about you, And... remember what i told you? You don't need a gift to make the family proud... just be yourself... and me and your father love you just the way you are... okay?"

"Okay mum... i remember... i was just... curious"

"Okay..."

She lets go of Mirabel to continue her work, Mirabel continues to try and finish her cutting, Everything went smoothly now.

Chapter 1: A different route ((coming soon!))