Chapter 1

There's something about the red an purple sky of the ever approaching twilight. It was a very breathtaking sight and I would have stopped to watch if I had found shelter already. At night it was bitterly cold. I would freeze to death in a few hours if I didn't at least find a cave to block the wind and cold. I had an old tattered blanket in my brown backpack that I could use to at least block out a bit of the cold.
  My curly red hair blew out in front of me as the first harshly cold wind of the night rose goose bumps on my exposed arms and legs. My gray shirt waved in the wind. When I had gotten it it had fit me perfectly, now it was too big. My ripped blue jeans had to be held up by a black belt. Since I began my journey, I had to move inwards three holes on my belt because I had lost so much weight. At that point I was five feet and ten inches tall and 130 pounds. I also wore a pair of tattered sneakers that were starting to fall apart and were covered in dirt.
  I was practically in the middle of nowhere and was kicking myself for how stupid I was to have went into the once tree covered wasteland. The dead carcasses of trees stood petrified to stone as I walked in the dimming light. It was too cold and they looked like they were mocking me for my stupidity. There were no caves, no tunnels. There were no shacks that stood from before. Nothing.
  As a chill ran down my spine and the last bit of light faded, I stopped and took off my backpack to take out my blanket then placed my backpack back on my back. It was raggedy and stuffing hung out of it but nonetheless, I still covered my shoulders and wrapped it around myself.
  I quickly kept walking though, knowing that I would die if I stayed here. I had to keep going, needed to keep going.
  Just keep going. I told myself and soon it became a chant inside my head as I started to shiver. I pulled my blanket tighter. "J-just keep g-going... J-ju-st kee-eep goi-ing. Don't st-stop."
  But I couldn't feel my legs anymore, much less my feet or toes and my arms were beginning to go numb as well. I could barely keep from falling. It didn't take long before I collapsed, my legs unable to support my weight.
  I'm going to die...
  I pulled my blanket closer with numb hands and curled into a ball. But not moving was causing my temperature to fall even quicker.
  I'm really... Going to die. I'm going... To what am I going to do again? I had trouble remembering what was going on. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm freezing to death. I'm dying because my skin is freezing.
  Fore some reason I found this funny. As I shivered violently, a hysterical laugh bubbled up my painfully frozen throat from my lungs. Breathing felt like being stabbed in the throat and lungs by ice sickles.
  Coherent thoughts left me as my shivering became less violent. I knew this was bad. When you shiver, your body is trying to make heat, but when it stops, that means it doesn't have enough energy to sustain life for much longer and you're body is dying. Soon it would stop all together.
  Just before, I passed out, I heard what sounded like a dog barking but I didn't concern myself with it. I couldn't, I would be dead in a few more minutes. Then that would be it for me. I would be no more. Red haired, blue eyed, soft hearted, special me, Norri (I don't have a last name) would die with my secrets. I knew I would die, just not in a place like this. I didn't want to go like this but I didn't have a choice.