The day of rest

sorry I haven't posted in a while I'm dealing with some stuff, I wrote this before exams at school. I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments I will make sure to read any I see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Mare we're done playing you can come out now." Somi and Mare had been playing hide and seek for about an hour, on a normal day his aura would give Mare away but after weeks maybe even moths of training Mare was starting to get control though it was still a feat. 

"but I was having fun, and I was finally able to hide from you I must be getting better at hiding my powers." Mare said well coming out from behind a tree that didn't seem to be there before.

"it's getting late we should keep moving we got a good head start but we don't know how much longer till Their here" Somi seemed almost to shake well saying the last few words 

"Somi who are they and why have they made us go so far I want to go home and sleep in are own cave and see Musho and take food from the village like... like we use to do, the least you could do is tell me why you haven't been sleeping or why you've taken us this far away." Mare wanted to know he knew he was younger but he had a right to know what was driving them from their home he already knew it must be bad Somi wasn't one to run from a problem if they didn't have to.

"Don't worry it's nothing Mare." Somi said unconvincingly 

"now do you need me to carry you or are you able to run for the night?" Somi said well in a way that Mare known that's all that would be said about the threat for the night
"I can run myself for now but you know I'm not as fast as you so make sure you don't lose me." Mare was right he could run fast but not far Somi on the other hand could run for hours with no stop even with the added weight of Mare
"but Somi I will only run if you get some rest at are next stop you haven't slept in almost a week you could collapse at any moment if you keep this up, you know even you have your limits." Mare loved Somi like a brother he was just as worried for their well being as Somi was about Mare's but he knew Somi would give his life in a moment if it meant even a minuet more for Mare.

"fine but i wont be sleeping long now come on." Somi knew Mare was set on this even if it wouldn't help there was no talking him out of it so he would take what he could get.

...

they ran for what seemed like days every few hours Mare would get tired so Somi would carry them then after a few more hours Mare would be up and running again. But as the sun peaked over the hills they found a place they could stay for a few hours.
"okay Somi time for your end of the deal now sleep i can look out for what ever it is that were running from." Mare still was not willing to let Somi go another day sleepless he cared for his friend and didn't want them to stretch himself so thin.
"fine but promise me that you'll wake me in a few hours and if you hear anything you will wake me." Somi said still not set on the idea
"fine but you have to go sleep before i can wake you." Mare said and all he heard in response was a sigh as Somi as they flopped to the ground to sleep.