an offensive awakening

"hello, y/n? you've got to wake up, we're shooting in 15." you hear a voice yell at you from outside your door. Oh, so it wasn't just a bad dream. Everyday you wake up and think the same thing. You can't believe you let your friend talk you into this. It'll be fun, we'll go on a gameshow together, we can be famous together. You sigh, remembering the once so innocent words of your friend. 

"Hello, hello? We don't have all day. Get out or I'm sending YOU to Idiotic Island." Mephone reminded you, banging on the door. You start hurrying up. Sure, you'd give anything to see Paper again, but you promised him when he got eliminated that you'd win this, for the both of you. "I'm here, I'm here." you say, slightly out of breath. "Finally." Mephone replied. "now hurry up, or we're going to have to skip my amazing elimination ceremony." You start following him to the elimination area, rolling your eyes. Amazing is one way to put it. A more accurate way to put it is, nerve-racking, stressful, scary. Oh, and a letdown, because it seems like we'll never try his elusive chocolate chip cookies. Although, this isn't for you, it's for Paper. You don't know what he'll do with the million, but he promises that it's going to be great.

"Nickel, Paintbrush, Marshmallow, Knife, Lightbulb, Y/N." Mephone announces. "I think you all know why you're here." 

"Wow, I could never guess why." Nickel says, sarcastically. Leave it to Nickel to be an asshole for no reason. Every chance he gets he seems to be making a sarcastic remark. You're surprised the viewers have kept him around this long. 

"Well," Mephone goes on. "Last episode, your team, team Epic, lost the challenge." 

"Thanks captain obvious." Nickel mutters under his breath.

"The viewers have voted, and it's time to see which of the six of you will be eliminated. And guess what? I finally made cookies." Everyone cheers but you. This has happened way too many times before, it's better to not get your hopes up. But you suppose the others are just too naïve to realize this. "However, I'm a fat slob. So I ate them." Of course, right on cue. It's just another terrible day on Inanimate Insanity, an average, but excruciating, day. You look around at your fellow contestants as Mephone reveals the votes.

Knife is safe, he won immunity last episode, no one else really tried. You WOULD'VE tried, but what's the point? Your team was set up for failure from the start. You're outnumbered, and it doesn't help one of your teammates is dead. Although, ironically, whose fault is that? You can't believe you have to put with him on the team, a literal murderer. Paintbrush is up next with 33 votes. You can't believe it beat you out. How can YOU have more votes than that..that unknown gender freak?! And don't think the rest of the team is any good either. The rest of it is complied of the stupidest lightbulb you'll ever meet (ironic, you would've thought she'd have BRIGHT ideas) and a marshmallow who seems to keep to herself most of the time, that is, when she's not burnt to a crisp.

"Y/N, you are also safe, with only 40 votes. With your lazy antics, I'm surprised it's this low." Mephone says, annoyingly. 40 people voted for you to be eliminated? You sigh, better than last time you suppose. At least you're not being sent to Idiotic Island right now. Next is Nickel, totaling a sum of only...46 VOTES?! This can't be right, you think to yourself, angrily. Only 46, Nickel only got 6 MORE VOTES THAN ME?! 

"Oddly enough, 70 people voted for Nickle, but Nickle isn't even on the show." Mephone states. Nickle? You think to yourself, who's Nickle? As you look to the side, questioning who this mysterious..creature, may be, what you find surprises you.

It's been so long since you've seen another human, and boy was it worth it. His shiny, black eyes felt like shining stars, both of them uniquely elegant. His build was magnificent, and as you look down to his chest, you notice his shirt, which states "Nickle" on it. The boldness of that shirt shocked you. It was impressive how confident he was to wear his own name on a t-shirt, especially one as unique as Nickle. Nickle.. the more you thought about the name, the more attractive it sounded. You noticed him put his hands on his hips and state the words, "I'm highly offended." Wow, someone who doesn't care if he seems sensitive. And that voice, just the thought of it makes you blush. And that's when you realized how long you'd been staring at him, and how red your cheeks were. Would you ever see him again, maybe not. But god knows you'll try. 

(please don't cancel me for that paintbrush remark, I'm non-binary too I swear it was a joke)