Mistakes

"What are you going to do?" Her mother looked at her daughter with disappointment.

"I don't know mom." She responded with her head hanging low

"You are having a child at the age of fifteen this is an important decision..." She began

"I know I just..."

"That you have to make on your own." She cut her daughter off.

"What?" She asked snapping her head up.

"I don't have the money..."

"I'll pay for everything I have a job mom!" Her daughter cut in anxiously.

"I don't have the space..." Her mother continued.

"We will be in my room i'll set up the crib we can..."

"And i defiantly don't have the time!"

The room fell silent as the daughter stared at the wall. She had no thoughts and felt empty.

"I'm too tired to deal with more kids i'm done.
I can't hear crying in the middle of the night, I can't have you asking me to babysit, none of that." Her mother ranted with closed eyes.

"Mom..."

"I don't have the time."

The room fell silent once again as the daughter and mother avoided eye contact.

"now you know i love you so much and..." Her mother tried to finish as she placed her hand over her daughters, but it was snatched away.

"I'll just go pack my things." Her daughter said fixing her shirt and getting off of the couch.

she slowly walked to her room not fully processing what had just happened. usually a tennage girls mind would be racing in this moment but She was at ease. Maybe she was in denial or maybe she had hope for the challenge before her and what it would become. She packed her things calmly, not one single tear falling from her eyes. She walked out to the living room with two big duffel bags in hand. she didn't own a lot so it was easy to pack up.

she held the door knob before turning to her mother one last time.

"will you ever come to at least visit your grandchild...or me?"

She stared at her mothers blank expression hoping for a response, but was left with a shattered heart when she got none.

"Okay..i should get going now..goodbye mother." with that she left and closed the wooden door behind her. as she walked down the street in the pouring rain she let out the tears she didn't notice she had held back. She wiped her eyes collecting herself and picking herself back up.

"I'll be okay. We will be okay. We don't need her, We don't need anyone." She rubbed her stomach as she repeated the words to herself. The words that stuck to her for the rest of her life.