In his head oneshot

A/N: Corey, Laney, Kin, and Kon are all 15 and Corey finally realizes he loves Laney.

I glance across the room at my best friend. She's beautiful. Her red-hair shimmers in the sunlight, and her eyes are as green as a four lear clover. Do I like her? No, impossible! She's just a friend. A very good friend. I sigh and continue fixing my guitar.

Today is Valentine's Day. Probably the worst day of the year. It's just a huge marketing scheme to get people to buy puny heart shaped chocolates to give to the one they love. I admit, it's pretty smart. But it makes me gag.

I can't help but notice Laney occasionally looking at me as she practices on her bass. What is there to look at?

I finish fixing my guitar strings and get up. I can't get Laney off of my mind. The thought of her makes me all warm inside and I don't know how to feel about it. Kin and Kon are playing ping pong. and Kon is absolutely dominating Kin. Maybe I should join, it'll take my mind off of her.

I pick up a paddle and challenge Kon. "I'm the best at it. Prepare to lose!" I exclaimed. He shakes his finger. "Nope, you may be the ping pong champion, but today is the day I'll overcome you!" He declared.

We start the game and I look at Laney again. What is she doing? I see her write something onto a pink sheet of paper shaped like a heart. What if it's a Valentine's card? If so, who's it for? It makes me feel something I've felt only once.

Is it the same feeling I got when the Newmans got a gig instead of us? That was jealousy. If that's jealousy, then is this me being jealous? And about what?

"Corey, hello? I won!" I hear a voice yell into my ear. Oh right, I'm playing ping pong. Distracted once again. A hand waves in front of my face and I come back to my senses. "What?"

"Dude, you totally zoned out, what happened?" Kin asked, "What were you staring at, Laney?" My face turns bright pink. "It's a misunderstanding! I just zoned out randomly!" Kon was confused. "You usually put up a bigger fight, I guess I'm the champion of ping pong!" He bragged. I glare at him and see a finger tap his shoulder.

Laney steps out from behind him. "Hello?" she says in an annoyed tone. "Have you forgotten about me?" She crossed her arms. "I challenge you Kon, we'll see who the champion is now!" Kon nods. "You're on!" They seemed to have forgotten about me zoning out, what a relief.

Kin seems to read my expression and turns my head towards him. "So, do you think I've forgotten?" He questions, his voice is stern and it makes me sweat. "Forgotten about what?" He furrows his eyebrows. "There's no way you forgot in the span of 20 seconds!" He exclaims. Laney and Kon stop playing and look at us.

"What's going on?" Laney asks, Kin makes a shooing motion. "Nothing, you guys can continue." He insisted. "Alright, if you insist." Laney replied. There's just something about her that I really like. Once again, I get distracted and watch her play.

"Corey!" Kin shouted, shaking me aggressively. "Snap out of it dude!" He slaps my face over and over again to make sure I was listening. "Okay okay, stop!" I push him away, but he pushes me outside. "Dude, I have a feeling you like Laney. You seem to be looking at her a lot."

"What?! No, impossible! She's just my best friend!" I immediately replied. He pulls out a random machine from god knows where. "This is the lovey dovey brain detecter! It checks for who you have a crush on through going into your brain." He said. What a cheesy name. I wave it away. "Nonono, we don't have to use it, it will probably say no one anyways." I declared, hoping he wouldn't try it.

What if I do like her? What will I do? She probably wouldn't even like me back and it would just be awkward.

But of course, he didn't back down. "Nope, we have to try anyways. It might just be you subconsciously liking her." He puts the helmet on my head and I black out.