Chapter 1

2015, A small town in the west of England. Three school kids, normal, if nerdy, lives. Two of them are complete poke nerds, as you would say. Conversation wrapped around the context of "How cool" or "How BADASS" would "it be, if it were real!!!" The other was temperamental. He understood the topic and would talk about it, but to him, the games were kind of... useless. To him, they contained little more than sprites. Nothing more than a crystal screen and a few made up creatures on a made up planet. It was just a game.

But life was about to change. Dramatically.

00:00. Saturday morning. A weekend. Will, one of the poke nerds, wakes up early. Brushing his eyes, he rolls over and sees his DS flashing blue. Groaning, he stretched out a hand at opened the top. The music from Pokémon plays at full volume, and he suddenly falls out of bed, in only his pyjama bottoms and fiddles for the volume control. Breathing heavily, he looks at the screen. While he was sleeping, he had entered a battle with a Deoxys. God knows how. Pressing attack, he prepared to make his next move. He had to catch it.

He woke up hours later. The sun was up, and the blades of grass ticked the back of his neck as the wind blew softly through the leaves, whistling calmingly. Rolling to one side, he breathed in heavily, pushing himself to his feet. He'd been sleepwalking, and now he was outside. Simple. He would just turn around and...

"Err... Hello?" He asked, as he turned around. The house wasn't there, but there was a rusting in the bushes below the treeline. Adjusting the bag that had somehow made its way onto his shoulder, he walked towards the bush, one hand out and attempting to make a clicking noise.

"Hello?" He called again, using his extended arm to separate the leaves, and reveal what was inside the bush, before recoiling in shock as a small dinosaur-like creature jumped out at him, growling.

Jumping back, he felt around inside his bag, and found something he recognized. It felt like a poke ball, and that's about all he knew, so, taking it out of the bag, he prepared it. With a flick of the wrist, he sent it to hit the ground, and it opened up, flashing a red glow, which materialized into the shape of a human-like creature. Taking a second look, he shook his head.

"A Blaziken? And an Axew?" He pondered, pinching himself in order to know that he wasn't dreaming. "Alright then... Blaziken?"

The creature turned to look at him, and he knew straight away that it would obey him.

"Right. Blaziken, use double kick!" He called, and instantly the Blaziken leaped into action, the first kick missing, but the second hitting the axew head on. The axes flew back, its eyes turning into little spirals.

"Nice..." He said, taking out another poke ball, which was empty. "Well, here goes." He said, throwing it with the same kind of flick as he did before, the ball hitting the unconscious creature, and the same kind of red mist covering it, before taking in the unconscious creature and closing again. It rolled on the floor three times, before stopping.

"I think I... Got it?" He said, raising an eyebrow and picking up the poke ball. He spun it in his hands and grinned. "I need to get you to a poke center, little guy." He said, smiling.

He checked in his bag for a map, and found it. Opening it up, he scanned around the area that said 'you are here'. Evidently this map was some kind of program on a paper-thin screen. Cool.

Once he had worked out where he was, and had his sense of direction back, he packed the map away again and sprinted down the path towards the poke center. It was in view quickly, only a couple of hundred meters down the road. He looked in awe at the building, while packing his three Pokémon away in a pouch that was connected to his belt. He had an idea of what the third would be, but decided it would be best not to summon it here, as it would draw attention.