𝟏𝟖 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

I groaned awake at the strong ache in my head

I groaned awake at the strong ache in my head. Slowly, I opened my eyes and everything was blurry for a mere second before clearing. The beige curtains were pulled back, allowing me to see through the large windows that showcased the beautiful sight of Manhattan at night.

The lights that lit the room, dim and foggy, I sat up in the bed slowly in hopes to ease the pressure I was feeling on my side. Looking down, I see the dark beige silk sheets slide down my body. Frowning, I take in the loose-fitted shirt that was way too big for me.

Without hesitation, I pulled the sheets completely off me to see my bare legs and the shirt stopping just above mid-thigh. Quickly, I checked underneath and relief washes over me when I see I still had on my bra and underwear.

Did he change me?

Slipping out of the unfamiliar bed, I slowly pull the sheets back up before trying to find my way out of this room. It was much bigger than my own. And nicer.

My legs were numb and I was surprised I had yet to fall.

My eyes are attracted to the lit fireplace, the flames contained as the wood cracks.

"You shouldn't be up." The rough voice meets my ears, the familiar sound coming out of nowhere.

Gasping in surprise, I turned my head in the direction of the bed to notice Ryat sitting in a chair in the far corner of the room with a glass that was filled with some sort of dark liquid. I take in his shaggy look.

His hair was unkempt, a few strands hanging on his forehead. From here I could see the outline of dark unshaven hairs on his jaw. He was in a t-shirt similar to my own, dark gray, with matching sweatpants.

"You hit your head hard." He mumbles, his amber eyes trailing over the exposed skin of my body. I watch as they enhance, the beautiful shade of his unique eyes changing to something I could not decipher.

Ignoring him, I pulled at the t-shirt I had on in hopes to cover more of my legs but it was impossible.

"D-Did you dress me?"

The thought of him seeing parts of me while I was unconscious didn't sit well with me. He was far from trustworthy.

"Unfortunately, no." A devilish smirk forms upon his lips. "I didn't get the luxury to do so." He hums before downing the rest of the dark liquid in the drinking glass.

"Then who dressed me out of the clothes I was in and why?" I was perfectly fine in the outfit I had on before everything went dark.

"You can thank Mia. Your clothes are in the trash." He answers simply with a shrug.

"You didn't answer my question completely."

"I needed to make sure you had no other injuries."

My frown deepens. The only pain I was feeling was from my head and nowhere else. Carefully, I lift my hand up to the spot of the aching pain and winced at the sensitive area. The bandage was easily detected at the corner of my head just where my hairline was.