Bread Crumbs

I sat on the bench of the beach. The beach was busy and I could barely breathe judging by the fact that there was a abnormally large group of small children, young families, and sunburned fat guys surrounding me at every corner. My skin was flaking off of my back and arms because of the Australian sunlight beaming on me.

My cellphone vibrated from my beach bag and I unzipped my bag hoping, my it was my best friend Ellie. But when I saw the caller ID I noticed that it was unknown. Curious, I answered. Nobody answered. Suddenly, a select few people with cell phones lined up in a straight line's phones started ringing.

I was always a bit of a nerd and I remember reading about something called the "Breadcrumb concept". I jumped off of the bench and sprang to my feet. A rush of adrenaline came over my body as my feet propelled through the sand in the path of the ringing.

After climbing over many sand dunes and scratching my limbs and entire body multiple times I finally got to where all the ringing was coming from. The main source was an old wood cabin that was slowly rotting and vines were embracing it. It looked like it was slowly crumbling into pieces.

I walked into the cabin slowly. I felt uncomfortable. I shook while being absolutely terrified. My heart jumped into my throat when I first got into the cabin and a projector that was practically invisible clicked on instantly when I walked in. I didn't scream. I didn't want to be caught by the police. On the projector there was a video of my head getting impaled by a knife.

I stood at that spot watching the video on loop until a sharp pain stuck through my skull, it pierced and I felt my eyes rolling back in my head.I tipped over without control as I reached for life it flashed before my eyes. I stood up my eyes darted to the floor which lay my body. I am eternally screwed.

Police sirens blared in the distance. The door flew through the room and split in half at the wall. Men bursted through the opening left by the door, hunching over with guns brushing at their chins. My mother stood there horrified, sobbing. She bent over my body and swept my hair with her hand. She sunk down on the floor and rolled into an egg like shape.

I went home, seeping through the rotting wood walls and moping. My family IS screwed and so am I, I have to see them suffer.

The End