The Human's true nature

As one might conclude, why must all stories come to a devastating stop? Why read when one knows the intentions of displeasure? One may never truly know, for people thrive when the other is in a state of unhappiness. To me, we all just play this unknown game of lion and lamb, where one's goal is to consume the other. We human beings are such twisted creatures, that might have their own creator in fear for what they have made, for human beings only want one true thing and that is to consume whether it's food, love, lust, or in a more dangerous case......power. But why do we as human beings feel, why do we breathe, eat, or do just about anything? What is this need for us to continuously repeat this cycle? Why do we feel such deep and complex emotions? Why do emotions define who we are and the places we have been? Why when we are wounded do we push ourselves to continue to move until the breaths in our lungs run dry? Why do we feel that if we give up we are nothing but a waste of mother earth's sweet bosom for which we damage? I will tell you why dear one, it's not because of some deep purpose, nor some great reward. We live, feel, hurt, heal, not simply because we want to but because it is how we human beings are wired. We are wired to hurt, we are wired to feel, for we human beings have no true freedom as we proclaim, we are just one another's tool for power. A power that destroys everything in its path, a power that chokes us to our graves, a power that leaves nothing but ashes. We are born with a choice, to either take power or be one's pawn to power. We are raised by nothing but power deranged parents, that almost suffocate us with the ideal that if we do not have the power we won't be successful. That we will be nothing but waste to wallow in the void of disregard to forever be forgotten. Whereas when we read, we escape for just a small moment, into a place where all of our troubles seem to fade away, and it gives us just a little grasp of hope that maybe, just maybe life doesn't have to be this way.