~DREAMS COME TRUE~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to the sound of the song I set as my alarm playing rather loudly. I groan while trying to locate the goddamn phone. I finally find it under on the floor next to my bed.
   Shit shit shit!!. I panic thinking my screen may have broken. I pick it up and luckily the screen is still intact. I let out a sigh of relief and then quickly turn off the alarm when I see Vikki stirring up on the bed opposite mine.

     I say a quick prayer and then head to the bathroom to freshen up. Once I'm done bathing I wake Vikki to do likewise. By the time I'm done dressing up, Vikki steps out of the bathroom with her towel wrapped around her. I decide to wait for her to get dressed so we can head downstairs for breakfast together.

     "Hey Tash, you'll never guess the dream I had last night." She says with a huge grin on her face while putting on some gel on the edges of her braided hair.

     "Lemme guess, it's about Ahbi again". I roll my eyes referring to her huge crush on her favorite indian actor.

    "Yessss, how'd you guess!" She replies now facing me with a huge grin on her face.
    "Cuz he's all you ever dream about" I reply with a smirk. "You know he's wayyyyyyy out of your league right?"

     "He may be but that won't stop me from being his biggest fan. Ugh what I wouldn't give to be pragya just for a day!" She groans.

   "You know they're not actually married in real life right?, They're just an on screen couple".
I reply while standing up and heading towards the closet to get my perfume.

    "I know but still... they're both just so romantic on screen. I wonder if their real life spouses ever get jealous. Spray meeee!!"
She asks referring to my perfume with her hands lifter up. I begrudgingly spray her just a little. "Aww c'mon, even I can't smell it" she retorts while pulling a miserable attempt on the puppy dog eyes.

     "Fineee, but once this finishes you're contributing for a new one" I tell her while putting on my most serious face.

    "Sure. How much is it, like one hundred naira?"she asks sarcastically while smirking.

     "Hmm..try adding 6900 to that 100 naira" I tell her while heading out of the room with her trailing close behind.

     "Good morning mummy" we both greet her while giving her side hugs. "Mhmm, my babies. How were your nights?" She asks  while giving us forehead kisses.

     " Mine was great!. I had an awesome dream." Vikki says while winking at me. I roll my eyes.

    "That's great honey, tell me all about it". My mom replies while making coffee for my dad. " But if it's about that Abu guy again then spare me the details" my mom adds while laughing.
     " Mom it's AHBI not Abu" Vikki replies crossing her arms with a small pout. "And yes it was about him" she adds with a smile and my mom used her hands to cover her ears "I'm not listening" she then starts singing a song to block Vikki out the more.

     "That's not fair" Vikki whines then procedes to eat her corn flakes. I laugh at the both of them. "Ugomma my dear, did you have any dreams?" My mom asks me referring to me with my native name.

      "I actually did oh. I dreamt I entered a singing competition in London and I won." I say with a small smile remembering how much I loved the dream and wished it was actually true.

     "That's amazing honey. And at least that dream can actually come true" she says while giving Vikki a side glance and a smirk.

    "Hey, my dream can come true too" Vikki replies with another pout.

    "Yeah mom, Vikki's dream actually has a higher possibility of coming to pass than mine". I say while taking another spoon of my cornflakes.

    "Ugomma, you know you have a beautiful voice right?. Don't speak negatively about yourself." My mom says with a look of concern on her face.

    "I may have a good voice but I can never bring myself to sing for anyone outside my family and close friends. I have a terrible case of stage fright."

    "When was the last time you actually tried to sing in front of a crowd?". Vikki asks now facing me directly.

     "Uhm...never?". Even I hear how dumb I sound.

     "So you've never even tried and you conclude you can't do it." My mom adds while shaking her head and heading back towards the kitchen to check if the water for the coffee has boiled yet.

    " I've tried giving a speech in front of people before, and that turned out terribly." I say trying to defend myself.
     "Yeah but singing is totally different. You're at peace whenever you sing and there's no pressure of messing up your lines cuz you know almost every song out there by heart. Not to talk of the songs you've written all by yourself!?. What do you even want to do with those songs?" Vikki asks.

     "Uhm..I dunno. Sell them?" I shrug. I've heard of so many people that got lots of money selling of their own songs to more famous artists.

      "But why give someone else the credit for your hard work?. Doesn't make sense to me" Vikki says while going to drop her plate in the sink.

    I'm about to reply when Dad and Aaron come downstairs. "Don't complain. Am I the one who told you not to go to school?" My dad tells Aaron who is wiping his sleepy eyes while yawning. "But dad, you know it's not my fault that ASUU is on strike again now" Aaron replies while yawning again.

     " Ehen then why not get a job or something. Instead of staying at home all day being unproductive" my mother adds with a small laugh.
    "Exactly" my dad concurs.

  "Daddy good morning" Vikki and I greet simultaneously. "Ehen better pikins. How are my princesses?" My dad replies while giving us hugs.
     "We're fine". We reply. "So daddy I'm not a better pikin ba?" Aaron whines while going to greet my mom.

     "Not until you start doing something useful with your spare time" my dad chuckles while giving Mom a kiss on the cheek and taking his coffee.

     "Fineee, I'll 'try' and look for a job today, emphasis on the word TRY" He says and everyone laughs while I'm just grateful Vikki and Mom have forgotten about the little conversation we had going.

     "You girls have had breakfast right?, So we can get going?" My dad asks.

    " Yes daddy we just finished" I reply.

    "Good, now go get your school bags so you won't be late and honey?" He calls my mom

     "Yes dear?".
  " Make sure your son doesn't spend the rest of today on his phone" my dad says while giving Aaron a warning look and mum chuckles.   "I'll ensure that" she says.

       "Bye Mom, bye Aaron" we both bid them goodbye.

      "Bye sissies" Aaron replies.
"Bye my babies" mom says. "And Ugo?" She calls me after Vikki and my dad had left the house and Aaron went to the kitchen to drink water.

      "Yes Mommy?" I reply
"About your dream, in serious when I say 'dreams come true' okay?" She says with a reassuring smile.
      I smile back "thank you mummy" I run and give her one last quick hug and head out towards the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Thank you guys so much for giving this story a chance. Don't forget to vote and comment.

I'd love to hear what you all think.

Much love
not_a_bella❤️