Lovers from a distance ( poem ish )

there is no sea between us, and we aren't as far as others; infact, we are closer than most, we learn about each other, down to the finest details, seeking potential for the future, as our attention directs us together, short visits and flights to be together, lovers from a distance.

Your poise as beautiful, and as genuine as the goddess Athena, your smile alluring, and slowly we are drawn together like the  attraction of the north and south poles of a magnet, lovers from a distance.

Sapphire, it has a deep meaning, like our love tied together by the invisible threads filled with overpowering love, enough to rule the world together, have all the riches and wealth,  but does the distance between us cause damage to this inconspicuous bond we share? lovers from a distance.

perhaps our lives take over, we quit talking, and sharing our hopes and dreams, lovers from a distance.

And I  find a text that re-lights the spark we had, and we share every last detail about our lives again, fall back in love again, dream about each other every night again, and start to stay up together enjoying eachothers company, even daydreams begin to take over during the day, lovers from a distance.

Our loss of sleep causing sicknesses, but love had us blinded, blinded by the fact that it has the potential to love and hurt at the same time, lovers from a distance.

Even though we lived different lives, we still had invested everything into our distanced relationship, we sacrificed living a normal life for something that could be only temporary, lovers from a distance.

The ties we never know we had beginning to burn, and fray, causing fights so horrendous, because the other is dieing from many illnesses, and not enjoying our last months maybe even days or hours together, distanced lovers.

Over time the other passes, I feel regret, sorrow and guilt, I now realize how much was taken from me, and our distanced love  comes to a melancholy and mournful ending, lovers from a distance.