23 • Ignorance

What if I choose to feign ignorance?----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

JUNG WOOYOUNG

"Are you alright with it?"

"Hm?" My brows arch in confusion.

"Yeosang and Yujin dating," San asks me with concern on his face, as if I'm his wounded pet cat at home. "Yunho said your mood swing bursted out when you followed to give her the purs-"

That old man never lets it slip.

"I'm all good now," I cut off his words and pull out a small smile.

Hearing it, San happily claps his hands. "That's my dude! It's just a little crush anyways."

I think so.

Speaking of which, I actually caught the couple as they weren't too far from the café that day. However, I couldn't bring myself to approach and ruined their moment when Yeosang caressed the girl's hair while she was looking at him lovingly.

Although his back was facing me, I could imagine he was gazing at her with heart eyes in return.

It seriously made me sting.

My mood was drastically submerged till the end of that day because of the scene. What could I expect?

Surprisingly, the encounter with Yujin at the convenience store two days ago proved otherwise as I felt no heavy feeling, no heart racing at all.

"You know what? It's also a relief that you are already over her." San munches on the egg tart which is his today treat.

Everytime he comes here, my cousin always lets him pick whatever dessert or pastry he likes. Well, as a 'thank you' for giving a hand in the cafe's work.

"Our friendship will forever be the first priority! Always!" Patting the back of my head, San proudly states his signature remark, dimple deepens on his cheek as he smiles.

Realisation kicks in, I swat his hand away then point at the empty plate sitting on the table.

"You brat. It's the hand that you used to pick the egg tart!"

"Oopsie~"

Geez. I swear I can see the guy's smug grin behind his palm placing over his mouth.

╰┈➤⁀➷

LIM YUJIN

"I found her contact in your phone the other day."

It does take me like a good 5-minute to process his statement because I am absolutely taken aback.

I don't recall him asking me for Chaein's number either.

So it means he went through my phone without me knowing?

"Lim?" Yeosang calls.

"Huh?"

"I ask you if you wanna grab something to eat before getting home?" he explains, eyes still focus on the road ahead as he is riding the bike.

Due to the obvious lukewarm in his voice, I can tell he feels nothing unsettled about. Unlike me.

"Nope. Gonna have dinner once I get home," I reply quickly which he lets out a soft hum in response.

After that, the rest of the ride fills with a total quietness.

Is it really not that a big deal?

.
.
.

As I hop off his bike once we are near the lobby, Yeosang smiles and messes my hair purposely. "Tell uncle and aunt that I say hello."

"No~" I stick out my tongue then bid him goodbye. "Safe roads."

Suddenly, a swift grip on the wrist pulls me closer to the boy when I wave at him with my other hand. As the distance between us zooms in enough, my whole face feels like burning the wildest flare ever as a light brush from his lips lands on mine so sneakily.

Letting go of my wrist, the culprit himself casually has his posture straightened, hands are now resting on the handles.

"Eat well~" he teases.

A sly smirk creeps onto his face as glimpse of my blushing cheeks catches his eyes when he observes my reaction.

How can he be so forward these days?

Thanks to the stunt he's just dropped, I am now left speechless watching him pedals away.

The sight of his back figure shone under the gentle afternoon sun ray, I guarantee a thousand percent to have it engraved in my head all week.

I feel so warm.

I feel so happy.

Who cares if he touched my phone without my permission? At the end of the day, isn't it all because he cares about me?

This happiness, I wish it would last forever.

**********

Ateez is finally back with Guerrilla 🎉

No doubt, everyone kills it but Jongho's vocal and shorter hair style?
LIT🔥