Vision

Her Grandfather, Old Hu had just died, Hu Tao was immediately chosen as the head. Everyone expected it to not go well, but it did. She handled it with respect.

After the funeral, she put on her traveler bag then went out to find her grandpa's spirit at the border, hoping to see him one last time before he departed forever.

It's been 2 days, she finally reached her destination. But no sign of her grandpa. She camped there, when she woke up, other spirits laughed at her saying "Silly girl, why would Old Hu be here of all places? What were you thinking, looking for your relatives here?" Not convinced, Hu Tao still continued to wait, day after day. All her food and water slowly running out, but he still didn't appear.

In the end an old women appeared, she laid her eyes on exhausted Hu Tao, and smiled as she spoke "Look at your stubbornness, you're exactly like Old Hu. It's a shame, but none of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Directors would even linger here. You came from a family of plain speakers, so let me return you a favor. Go back. Go back to where you came from."

The Old Women bid farewell to Hu Tao, before passing over the border and into the distance. Hu Tao watched as the figure of the Old Women grew smaller and disappeared, as a sense of doubt tinged with relief manifested itself.

She came to a conclusion, her Grandfather wasn't there because he had been open and honest, leaving no regrets in life.

With a smile, she went on and returned home. As she walked, she thought of a quote often said by her Grandfather "Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart. Do what you can."

It was noon when Hu Tao arrived home. She went in without anyone noticing. She went straight to her room. She unpacked her travel bag, her food and water gone, and the rest of her belongings unpacked, the bag she had taken for empty ccontaind a colorful vision. Just when had it arrived? Perhaps she moved some unknown God. Perhaps this then constituted a heavenly gift.. the ultimate recognition of her strength.