Chapter One

I stood at the balcony and breathed in the fresh air. The weather was chilly and the sky was starless. I soon drifted into oblivion, thinking about layo's behavior.

"Layo, are you okay?"

"I'm fine just need need some time alone"
I stared at him trying to make out his expression but it was blank.

"Babe, you can talk to me"
I placed my hands on his shoulder hoping it would make him speak up but then he snapped and pushed my hands off.

"Can't you back off, I said I need some time alone"

He hissed and left in anger. I was shocked, it was unlike Layo to raise his voice at anyone not even me. I slowly sat at the chair closest to me trying to decipher the scene that just occurred.

"Aren't you going to bed?"
I turned back to see it was mum. I guess she just came back from work. I looked towards the wall clock placed beside my mirror, it was already past twelve

"I will, just had something on my mind"

"Is it about Layo again?"
I hated bothering mum about my relationship, she already had a stressful job. But since I wasn't good at lying I had to tell her the truth.

"Mum, I don't think Layo loves me"
She dropped her handbag on my bed and walked towards me. Holding my hands she said.
"Don't say that honey,he loves you more than you know it"

I really wanted to believe, I really wanted to feel like I was loved, but I just can't seem to. What if I've been the only one doing the loving in the relationship?.

"It's just that he's been acting weird lately"

"Weird how?"
I scrunched my nose and faced the sky again.

"He's been avoiding me lately, and just last week he raised his voice at me"
My mum gasped

"Layo raised his voice at you?"

"Yes, I'm just as surprised as you are"
She drew me close and gave me a tight but comforting hug.

"Don't stress yourself over it honey, he was probably worked up. Layo loves you okay?"
I smiled, I just hope that's all it is.

She gave me a peck "better go to bed early tonight, you've got a big day tomorrow"
I smiled again and waved her good night.

A part of me wanted to stand at the balcony all night and stare at the sky, but a bigger part wanted to obey mum.

I stood there for a few minutes more,then headed to my room for a goodnight rest.

Thanks guys,I really appreciate that you're reading my story.
I hope you'll be there with me in the next chapter cause it's gonna be a blast.☺️✌️