Introduction

When my mom was 16, she was raped by a 25 year old man. She didn't want it, but he manipulated her into it by saying it was his birthday and it would mean nothing anyways.

Well, that was a lie.

He got her pregnant, then blamed her for agreeing to it. He let her think it was her fault. She begged for him not to leave her because raising a child on her own would be too much. She told him her parents would kick her out and she would have nowhere to go.

She moved in with him. She endured his screaming, smacking, punching, and manipulation. Then, after the abuse, she believed his apologies and empty promises of change.

When I was seven, my little brother, Ellis, was born. He was the product of yet another rape that my mom didn't see as rape. I always tried my best to play the role of mom when our actual mom was too busy being smacked around to take care of us. I knew it wasn't her fault; dad was just upset again.

Mom left when Ellis was two and I was nine. She planned to come back and get us when she was financially stable enough to care for us properly, but she never did. I thought it was just another empty promise that we always heard from dad.

When I was ten, dad decided that he went long enough with no sexual intercourse. So, he turned to me. I thought it was normal for dads to touch you like that and strip virginity from you, because I never knew any different.

When I was thirteen my grades started to drop, giving dad more reasons to smack me. One of my teachers made a show of telling the whole class how bad my grades were because I "didn't care."

That same year, a random girl from my class spread a rumor that I wasn't a virgin. I didn't like that people knew about it, but I wasn't bothered too much by it because I thought it was the truth. At least, I wasn't bothered by it until I realized how badly people treated it to be. It was humiliating. I didn't even have any friends to comfort me because I was too scared to talk to anybody. I was the "quiet girl."

Now, I'm fifteen. And I finally realize what is happening. Abuse. I need to leave. And I want to get my sweet, sweet revenge.