Chapter 13 - Crucial Hours (Day 1)

He was still restless when we started driving. Even if I knew those were crucial hours yet I wanted him to drive only for distraction.

"Sanyukta, do you really think I'm reliable for driving right now" he asked grabbing his head.
"Try to focus only on driving Randhir, you can definitely" I tried to convince him.
"It's really tough. Why can't we hire a driver?" he irked driving a few metres.
"Randhir! Okay listen, look at me" I said facing his face to mine. "Now tell me which is the most satisfying moment of your day" I asked still cupping his face.
"When I'm with you. When you touch me this lovingly, all my pain gets vanished" he managed to say.
"Then why are you worried? I'm with you, ain't I? Breathe in and out, then try again" I convinced him again.

He followed me and turned the engine on. Clutching one of my hands with other hand on steering he started driving after pecking my knuckles. Clenching his teeth to suppress his anxiety, he drove all the way keeping quiet.

"I told you're capable of everything"I pressed his shoulder.
"I'm feeling like... Argghh..." he clutched his hairs. "Like dying... You know what I mean" he groaned.
"I know... But if it's worth it, why not?" I said placing my face on his arm embracing him from back. "Now come on! Keep your strength alive and get in. Won't you like me to introduce our new house? You know how excited I was for this trip...with you!" I smiled. All of a sudden, he gazed me as if his every pain vanished. "Weren't you excited?" I asked caressing his cheek.
"How quickly you hunt my every pain Sanyukta. I love you" he embraced me tightly. "And this is the last time I'm saying you because I don't deserve you" he took my hands between his.
"But I like to hear it again and again" I smiled. "Do you know what exactly a girl wants? She needs a man who'd love her like no one else. In my case I'm much more fortunate because I'm getting plenty of love even after being unknown about my feelings" I said staring away.
"I promise to keep you safe in my heart the same way all my life"
"For now, keep me in your house. Idiot" I stepped out of the car.
"I recently heard this abbreviation" he said taking the luggage out.
"Which one?"
"Idiot, which means I do ishq only tumse"
"That's crazy! Now make it a abbreviation too"
"Err listen to me. It's a movie"
"Shut up!" I walked ahead with my luggage followed by him.

"Hello sir. I'm Murli, the caretaker" a elderly man introduced himself.
"Hello Murli" answered Randhir trying to get over his anxiety.
"Umm sir... Your father said you're coming alone"
"Hello kaka! I'm Sanyukta, his fiance" I lied.
"What!" Randhir exclaimed.
"Actually we didn't get time to inform, isn't it Randhir?" I looked him only to get a fierce face.
"It's okay mam! I've cleaned the house. Let me help you with luggage" he took both our suitcases.

"Another lie" Randhir irked following Murli.
"So what do you want me to say? Why are we staying together? Tell him that why are we here" I whispered. "Listen Randhir, you get well first then we'll clear everything to everyone and you never know if this happens for true" I winked flirting.
"Yeah right!" he forgot his health again.

Finally, we entered the gate. It was huge two floor building with huge flower gardens on both sides surrounded by coconut trees all around. It was not less than any dreamland filled with greenery and cold waves.

"Wow! I wish I can live here all my life" I said dreamily.
"Well our profession won't allow us to live here entire life but we can spend our vacations here, just marry me" he teased.
"Randhir, you..." while interrupting, my vision went to Murli. Taking advantage of his presence Randhir raised his brows with a smirk. "Hmm... Definitely" I faked a smile. "Let's get inside" I commanded.
"After you, mam" he guided his hand and I smiled at his childishness.