Part One

A dark bedroom with dark black walls a bed sitting in the centre the bedroom window completely shut with no light coming through, the room is dark and there is not one stroke of light. There Is no furniture apart from the bed a laptop lies on the floor.

(ELLA WALKS IN ON RIGHT SIDE OF STAGE SHE WALKS IN WITH A SAD SLOW PACE HEAD BOWED OVER AND WALKS TO THE BED AND SITS DOWN.)

Ella- "You don't know what its like to live a life like me, a life where people look at you funny and you can't be a normal teenager. People know I'm sick they look at me weird they don't treat me normal. They feel like they have to be sorry for me"

Ella- "I have no friends and I don't go to school anymore and haven't for ages I'm alone I'm a loner."

(PAUSES LOOKS UP TO AUDIANCE)

Ella- "Normal teenage girls spend their time shopping at the mall with their friends but me, I spend my time at a hospital getting chemo"

(GETS UP OF THE BED QUICKLY WITH A ANGRY LOOK AND STARES AT THE AUDIENCE WITH A FIERCE FACE, SHE SAYS THE NEXT LINE WITH AN ANGRY AND AGGRESSIVE TONE/ SHE SPEAKS THROUGH HER GRITTED TEETH)

Ella-"All because of one light"

(SHE THEN CHANGES HER MODD TO BEING MORE RELAXED)

(SHE THEN TAKES A DEEP BREATH AND SAYS THE NEXT LINE IN A SOFTER TONE)

Ella-"You spend your whole life in that light thinking that your safe but the truth is its hurting you."

(SHE LIFTS UP HER SLEEVE TO REVEAL RED DRY SKIN)

Ella-"It burns you if you are out in it to long, it dries your skin and makes it red"

(PULLS HER SLEEVE DOWN)

Ella-"It can kill you, how?"

(ELLA'S MUM WALKS IN FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF STAGE TOWARDS THE BEDROOM WINDOW SHE WALKS WITH A QUICK HAPPY PACE AND SAYS LINE IN A BUBBLY TONE)

Ella's mum- " why do we have this blind closed again let in some light!"

(ELLA'S MUM THEN OPENS THE BLIND REVEALING A BRIGHT LIGHT)

(ELLA TURNS HER HEAD AND WATCHES HER MUM OPEN THE BLIND BUT AS SOON AS THE BLIND IS OPEN SHE THEN TURNS AROUND TO COVER HER EYES)

(ELLA YELLS)

Ella- "CLOSE THE BLIND MUM!"

Ella- "CLOSE IT PLEASE!"

(HER MUM THEN QUICKLY SHUTS THE BLIND AND WALKS OVER TO WHERE ELLA IS SHE PUTS HER TO HANDS ON ELLA'S ARMS AND SAY IN A SOFT TONE)

Ella's mum- "This needs to stop Ella."

(ELLA SAYS IN A HARSH TONE)

Ella- "I can't it's the evil light that's ending my life!"

(ELLAS MUM SAYS IN A SOFT TONE)

Ella's mum- "Ella its not a evil light it's the sun."

(ELLA TAKES HER HANDS OF HER EYES AND YELLS OUT TO THE AUDIENCE)

ELLA- "ITS NOT THE SUN ANYMORE IT'S THE THING THAT IS TAKING MY LIFE AND WHEN I DIE I SHALL LIVE IN THE PEACE I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED DARKNESS"