Chapter 148 Meloetta and Battle Wheel Part 1

Ash and Serena are now at the Counter inside the Night Club, and the one standing there is Cass.

Cass: So originally the circus' Ringmaster was here helping out with paperwork, but then we got this notice and she yelled something incomprehensible, tripped up the stairs, and ran away. So now I'm here again. With you. There's a Meloetta at the circus. I don't know if there's one of those New World portals or what, but everyone there is going apeshit over it. You gonna go check it out?

Ash: Meloetta? That sounds great. We'll go there.

Cass: Great. See you there. (Leaves the counter, much to Ash and Serena's surprise) What? I'm not gonna miss this.

Ash and Serena look at each other with surprise, and then they head to Agate Circus to see what's going on. But as they get there, they see a lot of crowds, and in front of the crowd are the Ringmaster and Samson, and behind them is Meloetta, much to their surprise is that it is glowing like it is an Anomaly.

Ringmaster: Hey, order! Down in front! (Meloetta tries to sing a song, but stopped by the Ringmaster) That means you too, princess! You're the least orderly and most in front of them all! (Meloetta is confused) Don't give me that face!

Percy: Give me that face instead!

Santiago: So fuckin' cute!

Samson: (Tries to stop the crowd) Hey now, everybody's gonna need to back off.

Bee: How much for an autograph?!

Break: Forget one autograph; how much for twenty? The resale's gonna be one heck of a profit.

Ringmaster: Hey, no scalping! The real deal's the only one that's any good anyway! Get it while it's hot, folks! But get first- get in a line or something, geez!

Mckrezzy: An autograph won't do you an ounce of good compared to that sweet song~ Say, Meloetta, would you be interested in a collab? (Meloetta is confused)

Ringmaster: Ugh, what's gotten into you all...

Lumi: Meloetta's just really cute!

Julia: It also has fantastic hair! Meloetta, you've gotta tell me what shampoo you use!

Ash and Serena are also surprised to see Lumi and Julia here as well.

Julia: Is it the magic song powers? I bet it's the magic song powers. I bet every morning you hop out of the shower and are just like "Meeee~" and then your hair goes all swoooosh and flows behind you and detangles like some kind of magical girl transformation like "Maybe she's born with it; Maybe it's Meloetta"- hey, I bet if I could get a bottle of that, I wouldn't have half the troubled boy problems I have! Wait a minute, do Pokémon even take showers?

Ringmaster: (Out of patience) Okay, enough! I get it... kinda... This must be some kind of New World Anomaly crap ...But that doesn't mean we can't use it to rake in the fanfare! Tell you what, everyone, let's make an event out of it! Queue up and we'll have a tournament! Winner gets an exclusive meet and greet autograph sesh with today's apparent star of the show, Meloetta!

Santiago: Fuck yeah!

Break: I'm sure this will make for an interesting diversion...

Percy: Let's go, Meloetta!

Ringmaster: (Mutters) And to think I pay my staff so much to draw even half this crowd...