Life Of Ophelia

The sun is rising but I could not feel anything, I am burned out. Last week was a hellhole, I have to submit my work task as what my employer had told me to. Imagine he only gave me 2 days to finish designing and arranging the work I had to do, I would rather enjoy a week without work and explore the seaside where vendors and children are present. It is much enjoyable and entertaining interacting with people I find interesting than enjoy my days talking to people I don’t like. These days were really tiring, incomparable to what I would usually feel so I made an impulsive decision. I hobbled up and packed my things, I am seeking my fate as what my favorite fictional character Sophie Hatter would say. I am now going to the place I always dreamed of Siargao Island, where I think I am going to enjoying my own accompany.

Growing up without my parents presence and that left me to my grandparents whom no longer breath the same air as us, It was very traumatic growing up and being teased by other kids but my precious grandparents made me feel loved and complete. They are the ones who made me the best person I can be, they have provided everything for me to enjoy when they were still here. They give me proper education, clothing and mostly the love I would always remember deep in my heart.
When I have finished everything, my boss approved my leave and right now I  am just double checking the things that I have brought with me. There were my oversized clothes, the skirts with florals which is very trendy right now and my shorts and pajamas that is very essential since I can’t sleep without wearing my favorite sage pj’s, most importantly my toiletries and hygiene kit. I am leaving my apartment for 2 weeks and it feels amazing that I can now enjoy my days with ease.

A moment had pass and I arrive at the terminal where I am waiting for the bus to arrive so I could go the port which is a few minutes away. Their still was no sign of any buses as it was still 7 o'clock in the morning and the bus usually arrived at 8;30. I waited at side of the shed and sit across an old lady whom I think is also waiting for the bus to come.

The bus arrived exactly 8:30, I stood up and look inside the bus where their was an empty seat near the window, perfect! I told my self. Quickly rushing to the seat and finally I have secured the perfect seat for my escaped . Checking my phone and scrolled through my bucket list, there with the heart the number one on the list, Siargao. Siargao is an island where you can surf and I badly want to try that, I plan to travel all the places in the Philippines since I have enough savings to do so. All the hard work and the time I googled inside the office and my apartment made me realize how secluded I am.

Finally arrived at the port were I am going to ride the ferry headed to Surigao Island, I am going to travel by sea since I am trying to experience things I have not done yet, riding a ferry. I would always imagine horrible things about riding a ship just like what happened to the titanic, though it would take me two or one and half day to arrive at Siargao since I am traveling by sea and there is no iceberg here in the Philippines the idea of the ferry sinking always frightens me. 

When I received my ticket there wrote my name and age,  Ophelia De Jesus, 28 years of age. Staring at my ticket I began to think about the ferry and my horrible imagination of what would happened, with my shaking hands and anxious mind. I panic and think of going back and cancel this foolish decision. I was already walking back and really decided not to continue this idea of me riding the ferry yet with my anxiety and dreadful imagination, I thought of how I wanted this vacation and being just with ease for I think I deserve this as my gift for myself for being so strong despite the hardship I had been through.

For the last moment I made a final decision despite me being a sacredly cat I made up my mind and finally decided to conquer my fears which is now I am facing. The oceans breeze made me realize how life could be a joyful moment, you could enjoy things you like if you’re risking and be fearless for once, the sea was calm it was not how I imagine it would be. The ferry arrived at Surigao Island for how many hours the ferry conquered the small waves and oceans current, tomorrow is the day I would finally arrived at my dream destination Siargao the surfing capital.

Enjoying the sand and the sea waves, chilling here at Siargaos cloud 9 were I am freely expressing my delight of how beautiful the Island is.
I was astonished of how this island could be this pretty and the sunset it’s marvelous, the blue ocean and the waves. Surfing to my heart’s content, blue is where I am mentally living a world full of ocean and sunset as pretty as the flowers blooming on spring. Blue is my home yet it may not be a forever home still be glad it’s not a forgers home.