03; relationship

as everyone proceeded to take their places, the following period had passed

as everyone proceeded to take their places, the following period had passed. heizou sulked from a far distance due to not being able to find the female during lunch.

his olive-green eyes were fixed on the h/c-haired girl who was minding her own business at her desk.

with a book in hand, the lecturer entered the classroom and quickly moved to the whiteboard to jot down their english topic for today.

heizou cast a sidelong glance at the professor, who was busy scribbling on the board, before returning his eyes to y/n.

he noticed how you were opening your textbook and pulling out your notebook in case you needed to take notes. heizou took advantage of the fact that you were just one seat away from him and discreetly approached you.

lowering himself to her level "hey, shortie," he said quietly enough for you to hear, and his gaze returned to the professor in case he needed to return to his seat.

obviously,  the girl ignored him because of his nickname and mere existence as she imagined he didn't exist there.

the boy next to her pouted and continued to call out for her, making sure the professor didn't hear anything.

you took out your pen and started writing down what was written on the board, which irritated heizou, till he tugged you down by a strand of your hair.

"hey, smarty—" he was about to complete his sentence when you abruptly rose from your seat, the screeching noise of the chair on the hardwood floor drawing everyone's attention to the two.

"i'm not talking to you, you dickhead!" you yelled as you smacked your notebook over his face.

after a brief pause, childe covered his mouth in surprise, while the professor frowned at them. heizou chuckled to himself, touching his pained cheek, and smirked at the girl to irritate her even more.

"you just did."

the teacher in front had enough of their crap as he pummeled the reading material on his table, "both of you get out of the classroom, now."

you scoffed and gathered your belongings, as this was your final period of the day. your first day has already been wrecked by this annoying boy you met earlier and who now seems to be getting on your nerves.

you started walking out of the room, deliberately bumping into heizou's shoulder as if to order him to move out of the way.

the boy locked eyes with you and spotted your gazing daggers at him, which didn't bother him in the least. as you exited the classroom, you were followed by the obnoxious boy who had carried his belongings with him.

"did you ever get the idea that i don't want to concern myself with you again?" you growled after the door shut behind you.

"however, i want to concern myself with you," he shrugged, his bag slung over his shoulder. "how about we go hang out again? i would-" he quickly added.

"absolutely not," you spat, glancing aside in irritation as the boy sighed in disappointment. his gaze, which had been fixed on your departing figure, gradually faded.

then it dawned on him: he had forgotten to tell you something, and that was why he was bothering you. heizou quickly dashed in the direction you were heading before, a panicked expression on his face as he realized he'd definitely lost you.

in the meantime, you stayed still. your e/c-eyes are fixed on the indigo-haired person who has likewise come to a halt at his location, and you can sense his breath being snatched away. someone he had been avoiding recently suddenly came in front of him.

"scara..." you murmured to yourself, your grasp on your bag tightening, and you realize you're at a loss for words when the person you've been wanting to talk to finally appears in front of you.

when the boy in front of you saw your figure, he scoffed and said, "i guess you've been doing well, y/n." his tone was clearly hostile. "i hope you've finally moved on from me," he cut you off as you were ready to speak.

y/n was speechless for a minute, her mind racing with ideas, and she could feel her heart plummet when those words came out of his mouth. she swallowed hard and responded boldly, not wanting to appear weak in his presence.

"of course, i did. you were such a jerk, why wouldn't i?"

scara sighed, responding with a nod. "that's great to hear; i'll be leaving now; take care of yourself and quit being such a dumbass." you were expecting him to go away when he suddenly approached you and patted your head.

he quickly walked away without waiting for your response, leaving you standing there with your eyes open. however, after he was gone, you didn't notice yourself as suddenly a tear slipped from your eye.

when those undesired feelings came rushing back at you, you whispered to yourself, "huh?" as more tears began to fall. you've longed to flee and conceal those, but every time you see him. it's as if those feelings would resurface.

similarly, as you were going to wipe your tears away, a red handkerchief out of the blue was being given to you. you swiftly shifted your gaze to the figure, where heizou stood with an incomprehensible expression on his face, handing you his handkerchief.

he stated, knowing you'd immediately deny, "just take it, and i won't accept no for an answer."

you barely gave it a few seconds of your attention before taking it from him and wiping your tears away with the handkerchief.

heizou stayed to be quiet, just your sniffs were heard all through the area and he let you quiet down first before he get to question you. however, you already stated, "don't tell anyone about what you witnessed or i'll kill you."

he lifted his hand and zipped his mouth shut before he addressed, "do you actually still like him?" he inclined his head to the side while he anticipated your reaction.

"isn't it obvious enough? god, you're really so stupid."  you sniffed and laughed discreetly while he was taken aback by your response.

despite the fact that he had just let you off the hook, he came up with the most surprising idea after reaching a conclusion.

"how about we pretend to date each other to make him jealous, and who knows, maybe he'll come around to like you again."

END OF CHAPTER 03

chapter written: may 20 2022

if you guys have any feedback so far, please do tell me! i really wanna know your guys' thoughts about the story so far ❤️❤️ have a great day everyone !