1. Meeting The American

The Summer In Italy~

"If you guys don't already know Mr. Blackwell will be here tomorrow and I want nothing less of what's expected. You bring him in with open arms-" my mother passes me the basket of bread and sighs, "he's your fathers old friend. He'll be staying here for the next six weeks until he gets back on his feet. But until then, I want you guys to be kind, be helpful, because lord knows you guys haven't been in the pass five years of your lives-" I rolled my eyes and stabbed the small little beans on my plate.

"Is he homeless or just very poor?" Madeline asks.

Nick and Joseph chuckles and my brow raises. "Wait? He's homeless?" I muttered in confusion, and my mother snatched the basket of bread from Joseph and huffs, "he is not homeless. The man just so happens to be an architect, just like your father. He's also a teacher." Pausing she chews on her salad and sassily puts one finger up to the sky to let us know 'she's getting to the point.' "He's actually....mmm...a teacher at your school Adore."

Freezing, I scoffed, "he's my teacher?"

"Yes."

Nick snickers, "that's embarrassing. Imagine living with your teacher."

"Correction. He's actually living with us," Madeline sassily hums, and I feel nervous all of a sudden. No way a grown ass man's gonna be living here for the next six weeks. I internally groan. Guess I'll be spending the remainder of my summer just laying in my room. "Is he an American?" Madeline asks.

"Yes. Indeed," mother hums, Nick and Joseph's eyes widening. Suddenly, the room gets filled with positive, less gloomy energy, to my surprise.

"Really?!"

"No way-" Nicks eyes almost bulgiest at the thought of meeting this American man.

Nicks always been the 'American dream' type and Joseph's just obsessed with American girls.

He's kind of a man whore though, so technically he'd fuck any girls with two legs and a ho-

"Wait? Why would an American like himself move here from so far? Isn't America the best country in the world, with their states, and all the sweets, and nice southern folks, who call you 'honey' and 'sugar'. And those huge parades full of colors and the lady of liberty?!" Nick rambles, and my mom starts to smile, while I leaned back, just ready to watch this show go on.

"Yeah, I guess you can say he's tired of living there his whole life," Mom smiles, then frowns. "The man has no family, so your father is the closest thing to one..."

All of us go silent at this, and Madeline being the curious person she is, surprised me by staying quiet. Guess it's non of our business as to what might've happened for him to have no family or what happened to them. "Nick. Do you really think America's the best country? We're literally in Italy." Madeline snorts.

"It is. I know it is," Nick smiles, brightly of course at the thought of America. Lifting his fork up, he grins, "I'll be the first of us to go. America is my future home." And with that Madeline groans, "fucking idiot. You get shot and have to go to the hospital, that'll be about fifty k out of your pockets, so you have that money?"

Snorting, Joseph says, "America has weird systems in place. Why no free health care? Do they not care for their people?"

"Guess so," I muttered, and my sister leans into me, whispering, "he's an idiot. An American loving idiot." And that being said, leans back down to eat her soup whilst I stand, whispering, "I'm going to sleep."

Mom frowns. "Are you feeling okay?" Reaching out to touch my face my siblings all roll their eyes. And I feel my face turn pink again. "Yeah. I'm fine," I mutter awkwardly, knowing damn well my siblings pick on me for being the youngest. It's very evident mom treats me different than them, I huffed, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. "Okay. You get rest. And you drink lots of water, Adore."