Chapter 1: Escape from the fryer

The air was crisp in the mornings on the farm, and the trees and plants swayed in the wind like brilliant dancers moving in harmony, not that Tayta could feel the wind or see the trees. All he could see was the dirt around him. Just an endless void of brown with little grey specks. He had no friends, no family left. Some people could say he was a lone wolf, and some people could say he is just alone, but they both resulted in him being lonely. That all changed when one day, he got dug up. The harsh sunlight blinded him, his stem was being pulled at like a game of tug of war. He was happy to see the sun, but then he remembered what had happened to his brother, Spudo. Every cold night he could hear his brother's screams, along with the sound of the fryer oil, boiling and the knife, chopping up his screaming brother. Tayta squirmed around, trying to escape the clutches of the farmer, but it was no use. He heard the door creak open and then shut behind him. He looked around the building in a panic, trying to find a way to escape the farmer's tight grip, however, he didn't find a way to get out. Instead, he saw a horrifying sight. A bucket is full of hundreds of innocent potatoes. It was at that moment he knew he had to try harder to get out. He set down the bucket on the table and started, one by one, taking off the potato's stems. With no help left, he took one last swing at the man, but instead, the man accidentally let go and Tayta slipped out of the man's hands and knocked the oil pot over. Oil flicked onto the man's wrists and hands. He shrieked in pain and ran to the sink to cleanse his wrists of the burning liquid. "now is my chance", Tayta thought. He threw himself off the bench. He was on the floor, lying there. "Clearly I didn't think this through," Tayta said. But then, slowly, thin legs grew, then they grew muscle mass. "How convenient". Within seconds he was running at top speed for the door And he ran and ran. He didn't know where, but he ran.

Edit: I hope you guys liked this story. It is an original story that I started writing so I hope its not terrible. It is also my first story, so be kind and I will accept feedback. Thanks and expect more parts :D