"Even in your darkest times, I love you" (Dnf Angst)

Dream is sat at his desk. A little noise, the opening of a door somewhere in the apartment shifted his attention.

His eyes wander to his opened office door, and he catches a glimpse of the other, a skinny young looking boy in pajamas which fall big on him.

He doesn't manage to stop the guy as he walks by the first time, but he takes his chance at the second.

"Hey George, you wanna play Minecraft with us?"

The brunet just stares, slightly stepping into the room.

"No, I'm tired. I'm gonna go lay back down" he blinks slowly, and takes the few steps back out of Dream's office and into their shared bedroom, again the noise of a door sounding.

"Is he okay? We haven't played in a while" Karl speaks, concern clear in his tone.

"It's been rough for him. His depression is acting up again so he's been sleeping a lot." The blond speaks quietly, head staring at the floor.

Silence.

None of them liked to talk about their personal problems when they were having fun, especially not such a heavy topic.

"Is there-" Quackity clears his throat," is there anything we can do?"

"I've tried, but he doesn't want me too help him. All he wants is to lay in bed all day. I have to force him to eat something or he wouldn't do it."

Again a loud silence.

The blond decides to leave the call, a quick "bye" from everyone before he clicks the end call button.

He presses his mouse a couple more times, putting his PC in standby mode. He gets up and stretches his limbs. He's worried about George. This wasn't the first time it was like this.

Dream had experienced George in states similar but never as long and never as severe as this one.

It had been going on for nearly two full weeks, the smaller only leaving the bed to use the restroom every couple hours, if even that.

He was worried that George would go even further than he had, that the thoughts would get too much for him. That he did something in an impulsive decision that he shouldn't. Dream wasn't just worried, he was scared. He was scared to lose the love of his life, his best friend.

That he would lose their future, all of the moments they were supposed to go through together, as a team.

He shakes his head, he shouldn't go there, he couldn't.

Two days pass and George's condition changes for the worse. Dream tries his best to help him out.

"Okay look, we don't have to do anything big okay? Small steps,...uh here" he walks over to the window, slowly rolling up the shade, which for the last weeks, had been stopping the sun from entering.

Just a couple inches, maybe a foot, he pushes it up. Warm light hitting George's soft face. The smaller only looks at Dream for a few seconds before turning in the bed to face the dark wall opposite of the light blinding his eyes.

Dream sighs quietly, looking down at the brunet just staring at the wall.

"George, I'm worried" he breathes, nearly too quiet for the other to hear him.

"You don't need to be. I'm fine. Just a little tired" he does his best to put on his fakest smile for a few seconds, then dropping the sides of his mouth back into their lax position. Even just that smile, that use of a couple facial muscles, exhausted him to the point where he couldn't keep his eyes open.