Hidden truth

January 7, 2010
I look at the sky and all the birds are heading south and the sun is starting to go down I walk to the lake where I look at the fish swim and talk to god about tomorrow. "Dear lord I wish that tomorrow will bring my daddy back to life and that we'll be a family again thanks lord for listening amen." When I was done praying I went inside the house and my mom was sitting at the kitchen table and in front of her a ripped up letter.

I sat down and grabbed my left hand and pinched it as hard as I can feeling so nervous and said," Mom what's wrong is it about me?" My mom's face turned blue like she was going to be sick as she took the ripped up letter pieces and threw them in the trash and went upstairs to her room slamming the door behind her. I looked dead at the trash can and decided to get the ripped up letter pieces and got some tape from the supply drawer and put them back together like a puzzle. After taping up the letter it was from dad, but it was impossible dad was dead from a car accident he died in the hospital by surgery and was dead, right I was thinking. I started reading dad's letter and it said,"Dear family, it's been a month since the car accident and your probably wondering why i'm writing this letter to you and how I'm supposed to be dead, but I'm not I'm somewhere far away and where I'm supposed to belong I'm sorry to disappoint you and that I'm not with you and my daughter Grace and my son Anthony I hope you find it in your heart that I'm not trying to do this to hurt you I'm trying to protect you."
I was hurt and thinking that life was ending when seeing those words written by my father and how he wasn't dead all this time, i wondered how I was going to tell my brother without his heart being broken like mine.