In the Beginning

Long ago, but not as deep in our history as the legends are, the Queen of Creatia sailed from the mainland in search of rich land and wonderful peoples. The Creatian trade ships tread for miles, fearing that rough seas were all that could greet them on the vast blue void.

But perseverance helped the small fleet to prevail over the storms, and as day broke, a stroke of green approached on the horizon. Canoes were sailing about it, floating gardens were lush on the surface of the sea, and fishermen pulled up bounties from the waters, but as their leader—Lord Kim—explained, the island of Ejeom was highly isolated, for the storms took their sailors if they wandered past dark. 

The name Exom was given to the new Creatia Island, and over the years, a port city blossomed on the windward side, a place where the many races and cultures of Lucadia could marry in trade for their riches. The prosperous market on Exom became legendary across the four kingdoms. It was the land of a hundred tribes: elves, orcs, humans, fairies, khajiit, and even merpeople surfaced from the depths to share knowledge and shining trinkets. Centaurs brought magical remedies from the forest, dubbed the Bosque of Exom, but prosperity could not be shared by all. The Min werewolf clan remained hidden in the woods, alongside mysterious dangers that kept fair traders away. Only the bravest of pirates would enter, so that is where their treasures remained. 

For a time it seemed as if the torrential storms had ceased. But day by day, the sky flashed purple again, and the long-forgotten monsters of salt and wind seemed to wash the island away. It would not be had, for seven sages climbed beyond the reaches of the ocean and took shelter under the stones, using all of their powers the banish away the evil sky. Exom came alive again, known for much more than temperate weather ever since.