HE HAD SUMMONED THE SKIES

—————

The nightmare that would preoccupy Makjoseon had descended upon Jinjoseon.

The hordes of the Ju Empire had productively touched the headquarters of the Two Confederate States of Gojoseon — Asadal.

For one thousand, nine hundred and eight summers the sovereignty of Dangun has persevered, dwindling, and fortified by the firmaments.

One thousand, nine hundred and eight summers was sufficient for the neighbouring lands to overhear of the immensity of the Three Confederate States of Gojoseon, that momentarily gyrated to two.

One thousand, nine hundred and eight summers until Kim Namjoon acquired the sovereignty, administrating for three summers himself before the outstanding Two Confederate States of Gojoseon would downfall under the external tribe that was known as the Ju Empire.

Their malnutrition for dominance was comparable to what the King and the vice Dangun of Beonjoseon would apply to the once titled vice Dangun of Makjoseon, aiming to overpower the lands and leave their designations in the chronicle of the peninsula.

Before their rapid advancements to the eastern lands, Kim Namjoon had heard stories of their coldblooded king — Kao of Ju. He was ignorant of the opportunities that were accessible for him with the opulent properties and imaginable interchange with bordering dynasties and further with Gojoseon, however he had preferred a path of rivalry, pandemonium, and killing.

He was indistinguishable to Min Jong-Su.

And today, when Kao of Ju had passed, his son seized the throne, ongoing what his progenitor had opened.

The thirty-second king of Ju — Weilie of Ju — was accurately the conscientious man for the descent of Gojoseon, only Namjoon did not identify that. Unending to accuse himself of the forthcoming downfall of the confederacy that his father had manufactured from nonentity, deteriorating to retain it together and further declining to defend it.

"Wherever are you running?"

Namjoon was hastening through the lodges of his citadel, running down the toneless staircases from his chambers, barefooted and alarmed as Hoseok hurried behind him, endeavouring to stop the younger man. All the King could feel was distress, distress for his people and not himself. He was prepared to perish from the hands of the Ju Empire but perceptive that his people will succumb from that equal hand was the facilitator for his undependable and illogical arrangements.

He favoured for his people profoundly, and they worshiped him for that.

"Namjoon!" Hoseok screamed again, practically falling as he missed a step from the stairways, his nightgown's mantles hovering all around him as he darted, winding his appendages, "pause!"