Forever and a Day

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Law and Order: SVU

Chapter One

Wake up, get showered. Dry her hair and get dressed and go kick him out. This had become a normal routine.

Once the man she had slept with the night before had left, she'd grab a quick breakfast and get to work. Most days that went like this were the easiest, but the hardest ones where she spent the night working on a tough case or worse; a night where she was alone.

Once she arrived at work, Amaro and Rollins were already there filling her in on the next case.

"White female, abducted, raped, and then murdered. Found in Harlem, hands bound and breasts cut off. Second one this week.", Amanda said wryly.

Olivia sighed and looked over to Amaro. "Ready to hit the crime scene?"

"After a cup of coffee. Zara kept me up all night last night.", mumbled Nick.

Olivia nodded on followed him to get a cup for herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ding! The elevator sprung open to a floor he knew all too well. A place he hadn't been in two and a half years. The precinct swarmed with police officers, crying victims, and unhappy witnesses, just as it had for the twelve years he was here.

Looking up, he finally noticed a familiar face. "Fin! How are you, it's been too long!"

Fin stared at him. Hesitantly, Fin came back with, "Stabler, I thought I'd never see you back here at the one six. Is there a reason you're out of hiding?" He smirked.

Elliot tried laughing it off and almost said something back when he heard Cragen's booming voice yell across the bullpen. When he approached, Liv was nowhere in sight.

"Elliot goddamn Stabler. I never thought I'd have this privilege again", the Captain joked and gave him a hug. "What the hell brings you back, son?"

"Well, uh, I..", Elliot choked out. "I was thinking working here again might be nice. I need a change. I know I left, but I've been wanting to come back for a while.

He followed the Captain into his office.

Hi guys! I know this is really short and starts off kind of slow, but I hope you like it!